Help! Newbie trying to setup Ambilight projector

• Watched and followed 'DIY Hyperion Ambient TV Light Project (Raspberry Pi + Arduino) Complete Setup - YouTube' I followed it and found out that I was able to connect to Hyperion, even saw colors when Hyperion booted but was unable to get any signal using the capture card to show any video signal in hyperion, he recommended hdmi-usb capture card which I had used. I have around 500 LEDS (WS2812's), I heard that it could be because the amount of LEDS require the latest Raspberry PI and Arduino 2560. I Don't mind spending to get this to work but am just wanting to make sure I don't upgrade if this setup is pointless for some reason.

Additionally I also saw 'ChrisMajestics' tutorial - LINK - but his tutorial recommends a USB grabber that requires the 'EasyCap USB to Composite Video Grabber (UTV007)', I am sadly unable to find this chipset, if anyone can point me in a direction where I can buy one that is not a fake I would be appreciated, or how to still us this setup with a different chipset I would be soo thankful!

• there are tons of post on this forum regarding the capture cards @stewartfamilydad , so at the very least you should be able to get something out of your current card if it is installed correctly, might not be the desired resolution but youd think you would at least get get something, unsure how it will handle 500 of the WS2812's but even if you can get some working it gives you something to go on or a troubleshooting path to find out why the others are not lit

The UTV007 i noticed that when looking for mine but saw posts saying not to use and others saying its working fine so its really six and half a dozen, personally id go with what you currently have or at least try and get it up and running to see if it will do the job then go from there.

Is Hyperion detecting your current card in the Configuration -> Capturing Hardware section?

Does this command show the card

Code
    lsusb

or

Code
    v4l2-ctl --all

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!