RPI 3B+, ws281x, GPIO18, LED Strip only outputting red with LED Test loaded.

• I've been attempting to set up Hyperion for my TV. I'm trying to use GPIO18. The 5v 10A power supply I purchase was a dud and I'm currently waiting for the replacement to arrive. To verify that everything is working with my soldering, I made a make shift power cable plugged into an 6 Port anker power supply that outputs 5v 3a per port. I'm just using this to test and I'm only plugging in 42 or 75 leds (The lengths of my cut cables). I understand that I won't have as much brightness from the LEDs when performing this test. However, I'm running into an issue where only RED is being output. During the color cycle on the LED Test effect, only red shows up. Assuming it cycles RGB, I should be getting R -> G -> B. However, I'm getting R -> much dimmer R -> nothing.

There are no errors in the logs. Everything appears to be set correctly. I'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting this.

All the strips I created do this btw.

• I honestly don't know what could be causing this. Only red will produce a color. Green and blue just do not work. I can't even tell if the byte order is correct because I cannot see blue or green. When using the wizard, red is perfect. Green does not show up, neither does blue even though the wizard alternates between red and green. I've searched the internet and I cannot find anyone who has the same issue I have.

• Ugh, I think I know the problem. I thought I was buying 2812b but I bought 2811. These are 12v LEDs and that would explain why I can only get red.

EDIT: I'll mark resolved when I get the other LEDs in to confirm.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!