Issues with hyperion setup - SPI failed to write. errno: 90, Message too long

• I have a raspberry pi 4 with the newest Hyperion (hyperion/stable,now 2.0.12~bullseye) release. I have installed an LED SK6812 strip on the TV and have everything setup as instructed in various tutorial. However the LED strip does not light up and I see this error repeating rapidly in the logs

SPI failed to write. errno: 90, Message too long

Full log -> https://pastebin.com/9vr2Gc3E

I searched google for a while and can't seem to figure out how to address. Thank you for helping.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

i see a couple of things not going well it seems,

Why you selected the SPI 0.1 output on GPIO while its default running on GPIO10/GPIO11 with SPIdev0.0 ?

did you activate the SPI controller?

in config.txt ( location in boot on SD card)

dtparam=spi=on

SK6812 runs quite high, try it towards 5000000 baudrate on SPIdev0.0

above 255 leds you have to extend the SPI bus,

or,.............

you probably reached maximum of packets SPI can send,

you need to ad spidev.bufsiz=1024000 to cmdline.txt,

example:

Code

Code
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=5728b712-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait loglevel=3 consoleblank=0 plymouth.enable=0 spidev.bufsiz=1024000 

cmdline.txt is a file on the SD card, boot section > spacebar is needed at last line like example otherwise Raspi can not boot anymore

it have to be at the end of the line, then reboot

then check in terminal (SSH) if size has altered, and copy paste the big text..

pi@Hyperbian:~ $ cat /sys/module/spidev/parameters/bufsiz

result have to be 1024000 in next line after reboot

this should activate the SPI controller fully

Ledsetting is at Hyperion localIP:8090 example 192.168.1.100:8090 ( 8090 is standard port)

Led hardware/ led layout

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!