pi0 USB capture device detected but no live video, only solid white LEDs

• Hello,

Apologies if this is an issue that has already been discussed, but after searching I could not find anything matching this issue.

I have hyperion running on my pi0 using GPIO18 just fine, 5V PSU powers both pi and LEDs, boot and background effects work fine. But when I connect a USB capture card, all I get are solid white LEDs and I do not see any live video feed in hyperion. The lighting is difficult to see here because this picture was taken in daylight, but trust that the LEDs are all showing white.

I have my capture card input coming in from my stereo receiver zone B hdmi out (receiver is set to output to both zones simultaneously, confirmed working with other device). Settings are as follows.

I have tried the following to no avail:

power cycle the pi

start pi before attaching USB capture input (other posts suggested this may work)

verified that all cables are functional

verified Zone B video output working

verified the capture card works on another device

adjusting the USB capture framerate up and down

adjusting the USB capture resolution up and down

changing the Encoding format

changing the Size decimation

Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance!

• Hilfreichste Antwort

power the capturedevice from another USB source than the raspi.

the "whites" mean static, if you watch your live feed then you'll see static colours.

The signal can not come trough the receiver ( from whatever reason)

so you have several options to troubleshoot:

• inject the USB power into the capture device from the TV/PSU but NOT raspi.
    • Set HDMI out at receiver at MAIN HDMI both. If this doesn't help use a splitter on only one HDMI out channel.
    • you have a HDCP problem, you can see that if you switch to Netflix e.a. it will warn you OSD
    • If not than its probably the first 2 mentioned rules i showed you.

And for the good capturing: set size decimation at 2, FPS at 25, encoding format as MJPEG, resolution as 720P 720x576

thank me later.

goodluck!

• Thanks for your response!

I ordered an HDMI splitter and this appears to have solved the issue. Link to splitter

The splitter dipswitch setting is set to "compliant" (1 up, 2 down, 3 down, 4 up). I installed the splitter upstream of the stereo receiver to preserve ARC functionality between my TV and the receiver. We currently primarily use one source through the receiver anyway, so no big deal.

Not exactly sure if it was an HDCP issue or an issue with the wrong resolution going to the pi, or probably some combination of both..... But, at any rate, this solution worked.

• Cards7

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!