4k HDR Capable HDMI Splitter (supposedly)

• Hi everyone, just built my first hyperion ambilight this week. I went with the EZCOO 4x2 4k@60Hz Matrix switch/scaler:

It looks to do the same thing as the splitter mentioned in this thread, just with 4 inputs. It also, unfortunately, seems to be suffering from the same HDR washout issue on the 1080p scaled output. The scaled output looks fine color-wise while in SDR mode, but HDR content makes it look like a good chunk of the red channel is lost and adds a greenish tint. Talking to their support and seeing if they're willing to address the issue. I'm hoping I don't have to return it and spend more on a separate switch, splitter, and scaler :(

A reasonably priced 4k@60Hz HDR to AV scaler would be nice to have, that way I could put the matrix into bypass mode and not even have to worry about the color washout. Or even a 4k@60Hz HDR to 720p SDR scaler -> HDMI to VGA -> VGA to S-Video/Composite...

• So , in your opinions the splitter in 4K HDR with this washout issue , its acceptable or its unconfortable ?

I mean, the color representation on the scaled output is really inaccurate with the washout issue. Blue is ok, but there's too much green and almost no red. Color accuracy is the main thing I think everyone here needs more than anything here, so I would say the washout is unacceptable. I'm going to put my ezcoo matrix switch into 4k bypass mode (I needed a 4k@60Hz switch and splitter anyways and would prefer not to separate those components further) and try this scaler from monoprice. Hopefully the results are better.

• Back with some information.

Regarding the scaler:
    HDMI 4k to 1080p UP-DOWN Scaler Repeater
    https://www.clearvisionsystems…p-up-down-scaler-repeater

Blackbird 4K 18Gbps Scaler, Repeater and Up/Down Converter, HDCP 2.2, Supports HDMI 2.0
    https://www.monoprice.com/prod…p_id=30460&seq=1&format=2

These two look to be the same product, which I found out is an HDV-BS11 from http://www.hdcvt.com/index.php/product/des?id=182 by looking at the PCB. Can someone with the clearvisionsystems device confirm that this is the same device? Also, on the clearvision page, the seller notes that it ships with an updated firmware to support HDR10 better. I do not believe that the Monoprice version has this update, as my reds are still washed out, just as with the EZCOO. I contacted HDCVT to see if they can provide the updated firmware - they're working on it and they'll get back to me this week (supposedly).

Regarding splitters:

This one works pretty well with the scaler if it's in EDID learning mode for input 1. There's some occasional weirdness, but I'm not sure if it's the cable between the splitter and scaler - I'm waiting for more monoprice certified cables to come in.

I ordered this one to test:
    Blackbird 4K Pro 1x2 HDMI Splitter with HDCP 2.2 Support
    https://www.monoprice.com/prod…p_id=15258&seq=1&format=2

Which looks to be the same as:
    HDMI Pro Splitter 18Gbps 4k 1in-2out
    https://www.clearvisionsystems…litter-18gbps-4k-1in-2out

(but in a slightly different box). Monoprice's manual matches how the clearvision one looks, unless I just ordered and older revision and they're waiting for the new revision. I'll open it up when I get it and look.

I believe these are both HDV-B12 devices. I'll check the PCB when I get the monoprice. http://www.hdcvt.com/index.php/product/des?id=136

**UPDATE: The Monoprice one is *NOT* and HDV-B12. It's an older revision that only supports up to 4k@30Hz 4:4:4. I just ordered the HDV-B14 from clearvisionsystems that supposedly supports HDMI 2.0b (their B12 is out of stock).

Regarding Switches:
    StarTech.com VS421HD20

This one works perfect.

Regarding HDMI to AV:
    HDMI to RCA-GANA

This is the first one I got, but I started seeing some weird fuzzies after using the new scaler, and occasional hiccups when switching between HDR and SDR.

1080P HDMI to Composite 3RCA AV + S-Video

This one works much better, IMO. Plus, I can use the s-video input on my Fushicai UTV007.

Hope this helps. I'll be back with an update on the new splitter later this week.

• Great info! Thanks for sharing! Just to confirm as I follow along, are you testing Dolby Vision as well or just HDR10?

• Great info! Thanks for sharing! Just to confirm as I follow along, are you testing Dolby Vision as well or just HDR10?

I don't have a Dolby Vision source yet - waiting for a decent price on a blu ray player. I'm currently testing 4K@60Hz YUV 4:2:2 HDR10 via PS4 Pro.

• Quick update - the "Blackbird 4K Pro 1x2 HDMI Splitter with HDCP 2.2 Support" from Monoprice is NOT an HDV-B12 like clearvisionsystems has. Clearvisionsystems is still out of HDV-B12 devices, so I ordered an HDV-B14 from them. I may also have to shell out for the scaler from them if they indeed have the update already applied for HDR.

On the subject of the HDV-BS11 scaler update, I got in contact with HDCVT, and they're trying to email the firmware update (I have a hunch the USB port on the scaler is just RS-232 via USB, need to test), but as their based in China, the country's "Great Firewall" seems to be blocking outbound emails with certain attachments, at least to Gmail. Will update when I know more on that.

I may be returning the SIIG. It seems to work, but I think I'm getting some EDID issues as some weird flickering/digital static started. All my cables are good. That was the driving factor for me to now try out the clearvisionsystems splitter, though.

I'm really going down the rabbit hole with this, baha.

• I can confirm that Dolby Vision does NOT work with the Ezcoo. Frustrating, looks like it going back to amazon.

Any ones out there they do support Dolby Vision

I can now confirm that. Until HDR he does everything but unfortunately Dolby Vision is over. Am still testing whether it somehow but it seems so far bad. But after all, the device has just cost 100€ and is thus a very cheap alternative to the HD Fury and Linker for 350€. So I do not want to complain.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!