Beiträge von ybjlus

Hi all,

I'm a bit in doubt which direction to go. I have a windows media pc running, which is connected to my tv with HDMI. The two options I have at the moment are:

1: Apa102 --> Logic shifter --> ESP8266 with WLED
    Running hyperion on the windows machine and sending the info to the esp8266

2: Apa102-->Logic shifter --> Raspberry Pi zero with hyperbian
    Using Hyperion screen capture (Windows Grabber) on the windows media pc, and sending it to the raspberry pi.

What would choose and why? And Is it better to send "led data" over wifi (option 1) or to send " screen data" over wifi (option2)?

Even better, it would be perfect to not use the network at all. Is it possible to connect the esp8266 to the pc with usb and run hyperion on windows?

When you put it like that, it makes sense... It's just that I see everyone having their tv within 15cm from the wall. And I couldn't find any examples with tv's further away.

But your answer gives me " hope" . And in the end the only thing's I've to buy are a led strip and a power supply. If it doesn't work I'm sure I'll find another purpose for it.

Hi all,

I really want to use hyperion but my only issue is, that my tv stands 45cm from the wall.

Would it still be possible to see the desired hyperion effects? And if so, will the apa102 60leds/m suffice? Does anyone have any experience with a tv so far from the wall?

Really looking forward to your answers.