Beiträge von davieboy

might need altered to suit libreelec

since no one else has posted, ill get the ball rolling ^^ going by the "good image in Hyperion" im assuming you can see the preview from the capture card etc.

The pin12 to both data wires doesn't sound right, you got a pic of your wiring?

When you were setting up your LED Controller - I take it you used GPIO 18 in that box and not 12?

A look at the log might give a clue..

Look at the top right of Hyperion Dashboard - wrench icon and change Settings Level to Expert and save it

then go to left menu,

System -> Log and change logging level to debug and save it

Remote Control -> Components Control - toggle the LED output off then on again then do same for capture device or pick a colour from the Colors/Effects section

Go back to System -> Log and you should have some info in that box to paste into code blocks here

yeah starting to struggle with this card also, originally had it running on usb2 lead - wouldn't play ball, got usb 3 lead still wont play ball.

From what i can see so far this card does not want to work without using the loopback (reason why it wouldnt play ball on usb 2 and 3), had it all up and running last night capturing tv @ 1080 - this is a plus as last card would only get 720 but finished with tv last night and woke up to no signal, Ambientheater77 knows how much i hate being woke up to remove some hdmi cables form chinese devices to get a working tv again - so the loopback is pants imo in terms of stability.

It does worry me tho why it will not work with only input 1 as my splitter is using EDID 1080p 2D 2CH so surely the card should be happy and operate without the loopback?

pclin is pretty much spot on with it tho esp the usb speed - on usb 2 only @ 480M

The only plus side that I can see would be if it worked without using loopback, yes there are no settings to fine tune the video but as it has a usb cable i would be tempted cut it open and run the power in the cable through a relay to control when the device is actually powered up rather than it being on 24/7, this way may expand its lifespan and stabilize the system a bit more.

https://paste.ee/p/Y9VQw

any ideas on how to get this running with HDMI splitter please let me know :thumbup:

Surely not as how can you possibly shorten that 1 line tutorial down any further, plus it has the code blocks included on the page with the ability to copy that exact code in 1 single click :/:huh:

Code
    systemctl status hyperion

if its up and running , something serious must be going on as with a clean install of LE9 and using the install from tutorial section, you really cant go wrong, hopefully you have already tried the bold text in This Post

Just noticed you cant get the UI - im sure another user had similar probs like this before - think he was using wifi and couldn't access the UI, as soon as he plugged a cable in he was able to reach it

oops my bad, yeah im with your thoughts. ignore my last post

Ideally you want to login to your router/modem and reserve an ip for your most used network devices - thats good practise to do so that if it did ever reboot it always gets assigned the same ip and your stuff just works. Nowadays most routers will do this at the click of a button rather than going down the static ip route and assigning it all manually

try and find a login and password and login to your router though and see if you can see what IP WLED is using and go from there

typing this command should show you what hyperion is currently running as

Code
    ps aux | grep hyperion

im on LE so you can see mine is running as root - look after the 1st number

403 root 5h16 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond --userdata /storage/hyperion/

but as you mentioned it shouldn't affect you as you are not driving the leds directly, but at least you will know what user its currently running under and going by recent posts is should not be root and instead be pi user, then you can just re-enable auto startup of hyperion

going by your command you may be facing this problem

:thumbup:

byrdman heads just exploded with all the information. Look into WLED if you feel the need once you get this setup running

I reckon you must of been close, you worked your way along.

with all the advice and conspiracy around that signal cable could you not just dangle the pi up and over that hook instead of down and made that wire really short (same for led ground to pi) - just for testing purposes - you will make Mike72 smile and you can always solder it back together again afterwards.

As if the data wire is short and you are getting good Supply and Ground to the LEDS surely it can only be config / settings or dead leds from when it got hot.

the2812b should run without any shifters or they should at least light up providing there on the right pins maybe practise that terminal thing and try these - they might not work but i hope basic stuff like that is the same on mac

Code
    ssh pi@your-pi-ip

you may need to accept a ssh key if its the first time you have connected to the pi and put in the pi users password, once you get in try this one

Code
    cat /boot/config.txt

if it works copy all those lines and paste them straight into code blocks in the forum just as a refresher and to see if putty slipped in a few bad lines

Good Luck :thumbup:

maybe check the current that your LEDS are actually drawing as it may be maxing out the supply or the supply just may not be up to the job - think thats why other prefer the non brick style ones as they can be a tad unstable :thumbup:

putty is only a tool for connecting to things - this should be a bread and butter tool for anyone that doesn't have a terminal in order to run commands on a remote machine (ie a Pi).

hope that wasn't an April fools joke Michael Rochelle:D

you wouldn't happen to know the location to system audio would you, heres an example of a path to the pi ttyso

Code
    --device=/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS0 \

is there an equivalent path to access the system audio?

Paulchen-Panther - you wouldn't know a way of setting up a named pipe to grab the system audio and pipe it to a fifo file off the top of your head would you?

think Ambientheater77 may have cracked it or wladi^^

Might be worthwhile running this command before you do the post on adding the udev rule

Code
    ps ax | grep hyperion

if it shows you something like this

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ps ax | grep hyperion
    21081 root     17h10 /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond --userdata /storage/hyperion/
    28998 root      0:00 grep hyperion

that shows mine is running as root, if yours shows pi instead of root, then pay attention near the end of the post :thumbup:

if your not too comfortable in the terminal just use the Copy button at the end of each codeblock - as sometimes its easy to missout vital . or other things you may not think is relevant or added in by mistake

some terminals require you to manually go to edit menu then paste

Good Luck

that should have been in the post then along with the delay part :thumbup:

usually you would post what hardware you are using like pi version, operating system, LED type (ws2181b etc), what grabber it happens on - capture card or internal grabber

the more info you can provide the more others can help you.

start with what james2brite mentioned and lower the resolution on the device your using if that doesn't work post some info on your setup

sorry mate i sidestepped once english was out the way :D

genuinely gutted for you tho man as your putting in the effort.

Looking at it from a diagnostic point of view I would be tempted to gather all the components and put them in a pile on the floor and start testing them.

If i was in your shoes i would

Start with the very basics - the Pi - install Etcher and burn a freshly downloaded v9 of libreelec and enable ssh during setup on screen

use Paulchen-Panther tutorial and install Hyperion - do not install or do anything else except reboot after the libreelec tutorial

You should be able to wire up the data line of the LED directly to the pi - just for testing purposes use default GPIO 18 (pin 12) make sure you are using the correct pin depending on your version of the Pi GPIO, you can then go to http://your-pi-ip-here:8090 then into

Led Instances -> LED Output then in the LED Controller change that to RPI PWM - ws281x, set your led count and the GPIO pin that you used and save settings, You may need to go into LED Layout and define the led layout

In theory you should then be able to use Hyperion webui at http://your-pi-ip-here:8090/#remote and toggle the LEDS on and off and set a solid colour in the Colors/Effects section - They may not all light up but you should be able to tell if the LEDS are actually working.

Once you have a working Hyperion and LEDS, then you can introduce the Adriuno and go from there to see what works and what doesn't - as my concerns are is the clone thing compatible? will it work? have you flashed the other Adruino correctly?

but yeah id like to see LEDS lighting up to rule all that out then go from there as what if those clone things are killing your LEDS, without going back to the basics and ruling things out its all a big time consuming guessing game

sorry Manny i will fully support you when you provide some decent information to when the fault occurs, with it being a delay have you used the forum search at the top to see if anyone else has suffered from the delay?

The fact that you replied to me and still didnt add some information that will allow others to help you makes me wonder if this is a serious post

I vote you send it to TPmodding

All out everything you have tried and if you are still using the OLD AMBIBOX chinese thing, is it not safe to assume it just doenst work? and could possibly be more hassle than its worth? especially when you can get tons of other adruino like clones for as low as $3 and this could of been resolved and let you enjoy your Hyperion setup months ago :/