Beiträge von davieboy

totally get where your coming from on the USB grabber, they are either dirt cheap or expensive and the ones in the middle are questionable to whether they are just a diff case and overpriced :LOL:

I noticed major lag yesterday on mine after setting it up to TV again, only way for me to resolve it was to reduce the video capture down to 1280x720p and its near perfect, 1080 would be better so it matches screen 100% but its only slightly larger but bearable for the cost of a good device.

With you having to overclock the Zero to notice a difference - Surely The Zero is one of the biggest culprits, Single Core CPU, 512mb ram - Is that enough hardware to efficiently handle the video capture plus the operating system and that's the reason you are at 256x144px?

Never had one or tried one but id of thought that it would run a headless or lightweight distro with not much resources left for other things or have i missed out for all these years? :roflmao:

Youd think the card would handle something higher or at very least 640x480 - try as @TPmodding suggested and run

Code
    v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext

Doddle mate once you pick you LED's

Good PSU to power the LED's, Pi4 will handle the rest straight from the GPIO pin, depending on what LED's you get you may need a level shifter or resistor, WS2818B can be ran directly from the Pi as they are and they are relatively cheap if that gives you something to lookup.

https://hyperion-project.org/t…ziell-unofficially.10463/ Is the tutorial you should follow to install it.

Depends really on how far you want to take it mate, LED's and a PSU will get you up and running, you can go from there, I set it up quickly and just used kodi screensaver to start and stop hyperion, worked well, have a look in the showcase section to get a idea what others are using

https://hyperion-project.org/f…perion-setup-showcase.14/

;)

well the official power supply is making no difference so at least that's all that side ruled out, platform capture is flawless so its got to be the device, just because it says its supported I'm thinking reality is it cant.

CPU load is normal, usually higher on platform rather than USB capture, currently on platform @ 57-60 fps on a 1080 with 35-45 CPU usage.

Edit: Think I will just leave it as it is, Cant justify the cost for a decent capture device when Platform is main device, out of curiosity i will pickup another cheap 1 just to see what it handles, might get a good one :roflmao:

Not touched the Arm settings yet.
    Resolution, anything under and including 1280x720 works really well but anything above and the delay is there.
    Not going to set force turbo as it should be more than capable of handling it on demand
    Max-usb current has been depreciated for a while now, for the sake of a reboot ill try it but shouldn't be required.
    size decimation didn't really make much diff on the higher settings - is that not the same as going for the smaller resolution though?

Cant install mplayer as its LibrElec

I am going to dig out the original power lead though as your other post is niggling me now :roflmao::roflmao: plus it would be silly not to go back to the basics first, It'll be interesting to see what happens. :thumbup:

I think in the back of my mind its the capture device though

splitter up and running, nice bit of kit man, but still have a slight lag on USB capture of around 1 second, I found another post in forum search so will have a scroll through that but will probably open a new thread once i track down the problem

Recap the linked splitter is a nice bit of kit - delivery could of been better but worth the wait, solid bit of construction and not a cheap and nasty kit, cable quality feels good so for peace of mind that you can send the desired signals to the devices at the intended rate, plus the EDID switches are an added bonus to ensure there is no confusion :thumbup:

Thanks Guys

You must of been typing that as i was moving switches 2 and 3 down :roflmao:, Grabber is only 1080 and 1080 is way better than nothing at all so ill go with that and see how the capture card handles it, any grief and ill check the docs for a supported usb3 grabber and try one of them :thumbup:

Down to your preference bud, Yeah that would work, modify the script as needed to control the relay board.

Nah if they were meant to be switched off they would have a button for it , less chance of SD card corruption and i aint got time to wait for the pi to boot to use it, I want to press the button and it be sitting waiting for me :D

Anyone have a tutorial how to use a 5v relai module with raspberry pi 3+
    When pi powers down relay looses signal and switches the lights off

What relay module do you have? They are pretty generic as at the end of the day its just a switch controlled by something else, usually with a voltage.

Wire the supply and load up so that it is normally open, then when pi powers down the leds are off.

I thought the pi didn't really have the ability to power off, more like a zombie state, but its something ive never looked into as mine have all run 24/7 when in use but either way id imagine the GPIO would kill the supply, but if your pulling the plug or physically killing the power supply to the pi the crudest most effective way would be hook the relay signal wire into a 3.3vpin on the GPIO then you wouldn't need to bother with any startup or shutdown scripts to pull the desired GPIO pin because as soon as the pi gets power again the relay will activate and bring the lights on.

Going the other way with a startup and shutdown script is no big deal either, just depends on how your powering down the pi

have you set up the LED Hardware section of Hyperion, inc the LED layout section?

Ideally you should be sorting the poor connections out first and double check its wired correctly, If its bad it may or may not work but it may also damage things connected to them, bear in mind you have a 10amp power supply and a strip of LEDS that can consume a fair chunk of that at any given time for a period of time is your wire and connections up to the job of delivering the current it needs as that could be a whole load of additional problems once you get more leds lit making the quick fix a long drawn out nightmare.

If in doubt ook in the showcase section and see how others done it :thumbup:

yeah man, Although you need to pay close attention to the commands you are running if you are not copy and pasting them, leaving out parts or adding in additional bits can have serious consequences if not used correctly, Luckily you were only trying to install something and as you didn't have permission to do so it done nothing.

https://docs.hyperion-project.…on.html#supported-systems

It looks like you have alpha 7 installed, go with that for now, It is installed and appears to be working so see if you can get your LEDS setup, play around with some settings then If you want a blank canvas pull the SD if in any doubt and try it again and install the latest, chances are any errors you come up against will already be answered in here somewhere, the more you do it the easier it becomes and it sounds like you already made progress :thumbup: