Beiträge von davieboy

so electrically a relay is easy for me but the code to make it work in python /pi will be my challenge.

Hardest part will be deciding how to control the script, my first scripts were activated when Kodi entered or exited screensaver mode, now they all run when various remote control buttons are pressed - much better way imo but required an additional IR receiver to make it possible - Plus side to that is original remotes can be used and unused buttons can be mapped to do useful things.

Example of that would be TV remote power button is pressed - Tv Goes off but IR receiver also detects the power off command and runs a powerdown script where it disables the capture devices, disables the LED strip and kills the power to the Splitter relay activation.

You could do physical switches connected to the GPIO too, but yeah hardest part is figuring out how you want it to do it :D

Good Luck

Yeah current card is Mike72 , but any resolution higher than 1280x720p adds a noticeable delay to the LEDS

v4l2-ctl --all

:thumbup:

Looking to grab a new capture card next, current one wont do anything over 720p ideally 1080p would be sweet and preferably not the UTV007 as then additional wires and converters would be required but if it works and is stable i suppose that's the main thing.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Resistor wise - some go as high as 400+ - I had a 480 so just used that as thats what i had when I was using GPIO, but https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/wiki they aye using 62ohm. but that shouldnt prevent the strip from lighting in the meantime.

Have you done a resistance check on the led wiring?

Go for GPIO - It should be the quickest and easiest way to get up and running, make sure your /boot/config.txt has

Code
    dtparam=spi=on

Go to Hyperion Dash - Configuration -> LED Hardware

set controller to RPi-PWM and define your pin

In theory it should be up and running, effects and solid colours should work, Id be going down that route first then once i see it working off the GPIO and Hyperion working as expected id move onto nodeMCU side of things as that should be a walk in the park setup,

Its strange though as its only a few feeds and earth and you shouldnt be having these troubles esp when the MCU can make the strip light up, esp when you can run the mcu

You know there is a dashboard to configure it all at hXXp://_your_pi_ip_:8090

Configuration -> LED Hardware

You will see 2 subsections in there LED Controller & LED Layout

Controller Type youd probably want to set RPi-PWM - Then you can define the pin you want to use along with the rest of your LED info

LED Layout section defines the LED position on the TV

:thumbup:

my bad i never noticed that part you powered it externally,

Its a tough 1 to judge, is it flickering or is it reacting to the dodgy video source Hyperion is picking up.

your going to need to do some digging on the device, see if its all installed and supported and what it actually supports then tweak your Hyperion info from there. You could try enabling debug logging in the Dashboard but chances are its going to point the finger at the capture device

do you know how to run commands on the pi terminal?

no idea, might just be because of the device, just giving you some suggestions as it looks power related, personally id power the capture device from the PSU rather than the Pi, why give it any extra stress than it needs and if your device draws more than 1.2A the Pi3 will never power it as it has a combined shared amount of 1.2A for all 4 ports

https://www.raspberrypi.org/do…usb/README.md#powerlimits

Have a look at the Interoperability between the Raspberry Pi and USB 3.0 hubs section underneath, you might need to plug something else in to see if it works any better, you never know

Good Luck

checkout the Hyperion Dash -> Configuaration -> Capturing Hardware

you might find if you lower the resolution things will work smoother, but that section should help you tweak things :thumbup: