Beiträge von andrkac

Hi,

I have more hardware/electronics question, I don't know where to ask for that. I don't think it is hyperion related, but tbh - not sure. Please try to help.

I have DYI libreelec/kodi player (build on Intel mini itx mobo inside of old philips deck with analog gauges and indicators), which works. There is Arduino Leonardo connected to build ambilight (Leonardo, becuse it will have some tasks related to internal keyboard; Leonardo has usb host) on a small tv. And it almost works, using hyperion project of course. All on ws2812b.

Why almost?
    First I used (also DYI) reworked ATX power supply, much oversized - I need less than 3A for LEDS, this PS brings 12A.
    Everything is ok in this config.

But the PS is big and has fan. So, of course I want to sizedown PS and use passive one. Have tried different ones - 3A (should also work, but without reserve), 4A, 5A, and at last - 12A, dedicated for LEDs. And none of this PS works ok with my installation.
    It may work ok for seconds or minute or two, but from time to time some LEDS blinks as they want to. Or i.e. all (or just part of them) blinks in order, but totally independently of displayed video. Few seconds it can work well.
    in hyperion web interface I can see video output, all looks ok.

The only difference between working and not working setup is power supply unit.
    And I don't have any idea how to fix or debug it.
    Does someone have any idea? Any idea how to check what hyperion really sends to my Arduino?

I had the same with old config and now - on new libreelec.
    Hyperion freshly installed by

Code
    wget -qO- https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Paulchen-Panther/f0baf820343bbf800a041b102dd9cadd/raw/7f96a82d59c278b5394ca457e4098e469bd2674c/libreelec.sh | bash

Still working...
    My arduino program awaits magic word defined like this:
    uint8_t prefix[] = {'A', 'd', 'a'}, hi, lo, chk, i;
    Maybe here's something wrong?

...still no dependency to power supply.
    No more ideas.