Beiträge von Obaldius

If you have used Ambivision, could you share your experience? Very interested to compare notes.

Same experience here. Tons of bugs, great color representation when it works though. It's been nothing but problems from day 1 and they ended up ingoring me as of today so I'm planning on repurposing the whole hardware to install hyperion in it. The worse thing is the company, I'm just looking up in the internet how to hurt them, how to leave some review that will really impact their bussiness in a bad way. I just hope they go bankrupt.

It's just a piece of sh%t of company, the most dishonest people I've stumbled upon.

I even suspect Hyperion is not much harder to set up than AmbiVision, it's just a no go.

I was misinformed:

it's not either laggy nor much more off than AmbiVision, several users have proved it in this thread during this last year.

If I hadn't been misinformed, I would've gone the Hyperion + camera setup to begin with. In fact, that thread arouse right 1 month after I purchased AmbiVision, which made me hate my purchase.

I have Hyperion running in HDMI route which quality be always better than any camera route. The question is is it easier?? And I have to say no, but the results is worth it by a long shot.

I just meant that between spending 600€ for the hdmi in Hyperion and spending 600€ for philips, I'd go philips. It's expensive and ugly. Hyperion isn't cheaper and it can get ugly easily from what I've seen in the pictures in this forum.

Yes, there's a SD card slot, not an SD card in though. I wonder where the AmbiVision's firmware might be running from? I've seen a guy installing hyperion in a orange pi using this though:

Anyways, I'm very excited I'll have hyperion running with AmbiVision's casing, I love it.

Welkome back ! So ambivision wasnt that great huh 8|8|:whistling:

First off, when I bought AmbiVision there wasn't the option of a camera setup with Hyperion. I'd still go AmbiVision or Govee 100 times vs hdmi route with Hyperion, no doubt, with Hyperion it's expensive and ugly. AmbiVision excels in some things, it's rubbish in some others... when it works I very much doubt a camera setup with hyperion will match the results, it may though. However, the device has too many problems and worst thing is, if you ask too much, support ends up ignoring you. So the thing's been unusable for maybe 2-3 months over the last year. When it works, I have to reset the system maybe an average of 3-4 times a month. The company is just a piece of shit and I'm positive that with Hyperion I'll have a much more reliable system. I'm sick of reseting and redoing the whole config time and time again... they didn't even make it easy to restore a config, you have to do everything manually.

In the end some guy around here was right, he said something like "with hyperion you needn't deal with companies which might be a roll of a dice", or something like that...

it's been bad but all in all I'm happy. I paid 150€ (they told me not to spread it online but yeah, squeeze them through e-mails and you can get a much better deal than the one they offer in their website) for an orange pi pus zero, a fisheye camera with mic and IR, power supplies, an RGBW ledstrip and beautiful casing I can repurpose for Hyperion. It's not that far from what Hyperion would've cost me if I bought everything new a year ago.

But yeah, I learnt it the hard way, I would never recommend AmbiVision as of today. Get the parts, learn, spend some time and go Hyperion. If you aren't that kind of guy, then Govee.

Hi,

First off, very new, very first "DIY" project so expect every stupid question. Sick of the problems with AmbiVision in general and now that it's no longer under warranty, I decided to open the camera from the AmbiVision and realized it's just a orange pi zero with some other board that seems to rule the camera (picture below). I was wondering whether it would be possible to install Hyperion in the orange pi? I believe the orange pi is lacking an SD card so I wonder where the firmware might be running from? I'm willing to build a camera setup with Hyperion, I've seen pretty promising results in the forum, but I'm not sure Hyperion will be able to use this camera? I'm really lost here, hopefully somebody will be able to shed some light before I ruin my current system. If you need more picture let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Althoug very inelegant and patchworky, I'm having more success this way at this point:

hyperion => openhab - hue emulation => openhab - lifx bindings => lifx led stips

May I ask, how did you achieve that? I'm using HA and I'd love to find some sort of solution to this. Could you please elaborate a little bit about this methond? I don't quite understand this:

"hyperion => openhab - hue emulation => openhab - lifx bindings => lifx led stips"

Thanks in advanced

There's similar stuff in HA but I don't understand how you get the color to be communicated from hyperion to a hue bulb and then to a lifx bulb. I'd very much appreciate any help

Hay gente que está consiguiendo hacerlo funcionar con cámara. Tiene alguna limitación pero por lo que he podido leer no se aleja tanto de cable directo, todo depende de lo exigente que seas. Yo personalmente me he comprado el ambivision Pro y estoy encantado, por lo que he visto en videos de hyperion no tiene mucho que envidiarle y no tienes que renunciar a absolutamente nada (4K,HDR,dobly,Apps de la TV, etc etc)

Sinceramente yo tiraría por la vía Hyperion. Ambivision se olvidarán de ti una vez tengan tu dinero y te obviarán, son penosos y cualquier problema que tengas deberás solucionártelo tu. Sólo les interesa tu dinero y una vez lo tengan, no oirás de ellos nunca más. Yo estoy rezando para que mi ambilight no falle, pero en cuanto lo haga, me iré a Hyperion. Son unos sinvergüenzas.

You are the question and the answer.

Ambivision support is pretty much non existent. Ambivision forum? the only thing I found is reddit and its last post was from 1 year ago at the time I looked there. Been reading there and people are even more lost than me, getting way more innacurate resuts as far as I've read and seen over youtube.

Came here trying to resolve my doubts, I wanted to learn whether I had achieved the best possible results or if still there was some room to improve. And tbh, you have helped me quite a bit with your last post and the prior ones. Long story short, this is the best it can do and I should bother no more. I haven't found this answer anywhere else. Besides that, there are rules that apply to every system given the camera setup, for example, increase red and green gamma, decrease saturation, increase exposure, etc, etc.

Sorry if I bothered anyone by doing this. Not only I wanted to know if the limitations of the camera setup were universal but also I wanted to know how hyperion worked with a camera and how it compared to ambivision since I'll probably move to that setup as soon as my current one dies.

I'll keep asking the guys about their results if you don't mind.

Again, sorry and thanks for your help, it's really been helpful for my peace of mind.

I'm using ambivision, not hyperion, so I'm afraid I can't do that :( but thanks anyways. I can manipulate colors curves though. It's red/orange in the video preview though and the only way to fix those browns is by increasing the camera gain, which then screws the high tones which become way to whitened. I'd rather give up on the browns. I have configured my system in a way that there's no color wash when there's radical change in brightness, I don't like that either, but I believe that a static camera gain range is affecting the camera's perception of some colors. Still 90% of the times it's spot on, 9% is really acurate and there's this 1% which sucks.

I believe it's a problem of amvision's camera + my qled. If you have any idea to fix that I'd appreciate it.

Prior to buying ambivision I questioned in the forum whether it was feasible to achieve a camera setup with hyperion and I was advised against. I clearly stumbled upon the wrong guy, this setups look both really promising, at least worth a try, really beautiful results!

How do you guys deal with different refresh rates? can you set different refresh rates on your cameras? Can that be done in any way?

Colors are betters in real life than the footages from my phone,

They look beautiful anyways!

The distance is maybe 1.5-2 meters.

Do you believe it could work witha 4-5 meters distance?

thanks guys

Not sure it has been implemented already, been searching in the forum but I can't find any concrete answer. Is it posible to set the whole led to a single color? the average color of the whole screen?

If so, is it possible to set a mix of the two effects? for example, 80% whole and 20& parts.

thanks in advanced for any response.

how does the camera behave with brightness shifts? how does it compare to an HDMI setup with hyperion?

With ambivision there's a value called auto camera gain range to calibrate how the camera adjusts to the screen brightness. It's noticable how the camera takes around a second to adjust to the scene when you move from a bright scene to a dark scene and viceversa. If you set the gain range too low, it ingnores mid-low and low tones. If you set it too high, it catches all colors but it doesn't do a great job since brighter colors get washed.