Beiträge von vig1116

Ok guys, I've literally been working through the night to get all this working, and I don't know how, and I don't want to jinx it, but I think I have it all working now, EXCEPT for a slight delay in led change to the video on the tv. It's not a fluid motion like iv'e seen in others videos when they're done. Any help is appreciated.

PS don't mind the wires, I'll clean everything up when all finished. :)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I just posted about this and then saw this post. I think it has to do with the input resolution. Mine changed to 720p for some reason and then I started getting the snowy screen and no led changed but white. Now I set to 1080p and I get the video coming up in Hyperion and my leds are changing colors. will have to play more with it to get it right...

Hi guys, I finally got all of my equipment and set everything up. Using pi 3 b+, capture card w/ loop (link below), and ws2812b 300 led strip. I get color at startup, but instantly leds turn white and then stay white. What am I missing??? How can I check gpio18 pin sending signal? What am I doing wrong? it's driving me crazy...thanks

EDIT: I disabled gpio18 and leds went off, enabled it and they came back on, so I don't think its a gpio18 issue. I'm lost.

Second edit: I'm showing a movie on my tv through my TiVo, but the led visualization screen on Hyperion is a snowy picture (which would explain the white only leds).

Hey everyone, Total newb here that just returned the hue setup I got for xmas cause it is way overpriced. (would've been $700 by the time I put bars for the bottom of TV). Anyway, I've learned a lot over the last few days, but obviously not enough. I am waiting for all my components to be delivered and in the meantime I have one repeating question that comes to mind.

My setup will be: Tivo (for Fios tv), PS5, and streaming box -----> capture card -----> raspberry pi 3 b+(Hyperion) -----> tv and led strip.

My concern is losing 4k video for the PS5 and boxes by going through the capture card. Output is only 1080p 60. Is it possible to put a 4x2 4k splitter that would split the video straight to the tv for 1 out and to the capture card for the other out?? So basically TV video would never go through the capture card only the video to be converted for the led strip.

Or is there another/ better way to not lose 4k???

Thanks for any and all input!!