Beiträge von =SDW=

thank guys! that works perfectly. After all the unix tutorials, that was too easy to even think about/try. Strip Lighted up the millisecond I entered COM5. I'll make a summary/tutorial for the win64 users that might have the same issue.

thanks again on the team for providing this!
    great workign solution!

btw. just found some RGB headers on my H310 prime plus that I never used. Thise work with 5050 strips only, so the nano and the ws leds will do much better

thanksfor the hint - starting to understand.
    no mainboard headers on that one, no.

So it's not about finding out what the win 10 comport address format ist an putting it to hyperion it's about teaching windows 10 to use the same access language/rules/path that would be used on a non win10 environment.
    I'll give it a try with cygwin and report back here.

It seems as every time I touch something that is usually used on a rpi environment my google searches seem to have the wrong wording coming from the windows view with no programming background...

thanks so far!

thanks for the heads up. I'll check your link tomorrow with more time.

Your asumption is right. I want to use an i5 PC system with only windows 10, a generic az nano v3 and and the curretn led strip I have left from my ambiscreen system that I dhad to ditch because the requird 4k/2k splitter killed my HDR usability.

so far everything seems fine, only issue seems to be the adaligth connection via the pcs win10 usb that has all the arduino drivers installed and visibly connects to com5.

maybe a hyperion 2 alpha 9 developer can let us know what kind of input format for the output path the field will accept?

Hi!

I need help - hopefully on the last tiny bit to get this running.

I have alpha 9 on my pc, put an adalight sketch to a nano rip off, connected in per USB and have a stable power supply.
    In the setup of the LED Hardware in the hyperion localhost webserver, the adalight won't turn on using the preset 'auto' output path.
    I identified the device on com5.
    All the raspi tutorials show than something like /dev/tty** is required.

under win10, I find a lot of different possible formats to define an output path.

What is the expected format?/Example?

thenks!

thanks - yes adalight worked.
    Getting drivers and bootloader version right to transfer the sketch in the web environment took a while.
    Like that very much - thie means everyone can now use a pc + adressabl eled strip and put it to life for 3-6 €.

Dear fellas,

changing from an Ambiscreen over to a self made hyperion I still have my strip and pc + hyperion set up.
    Now I have a Ard Nano ripp-off with an ATMega328 and I am searching for a source of code to put to the decive.

I mainly find RPI + nano in this formum an don't know if that's the same or a different code...

Thanks!
    =SDW=

Hi!
    I'm new here, checked some threads and youtube tutorials and I am asking for advice here.
    I currently have an finished bought Ambiscreen installed (the 4k HDMI splitter version) on a HTPC system that is only used with PC, Marantz AVC and 4k TV. No other sources needed, also not using smart TV sources.

Installed the bought version when I didn't have time - I have general experience with PCs, numerous Raspimatic, Libreelec and Volumio Raspberries and would like to change my main PC+AVC+TV combination from Ambiscreen to a self made/ operated Hperion application.

The main reason is that the HDMI splitter needed for the current setup is compromising WIN10 HDR recognition. Since the Ambiscreen can only handle 1080p, the splitter runs a normal 2k and a 4k HDR output which is reconized by WIN10 as non HDR compliant hardware and therefore it disables HDR availability as soons as I connect the Splitter/Ambiscreen.

So after checking some youtube tutorials and recent threads in this forum, I think HYPERION offers 2 ways to solve that problem easily. I am not 100% sure of the right terminology and functionality and could not find a PC only solution in the documentation as this capability seems to be new/alpha.

I would like to keep my WS28...strips on the TV and already have a stable and powerful 5V line out of my PCs power supply to run everything and sync the power on/off with the PC.

I think the common way to solve this is:

Screen grapper => signal over LAN to Raspberry running hyperion. The either use pin 18 for the LED command line or put a arduino (nano) inbetween for a reason that I don't understand.

Now, there seems to be a solution where I can run Hyperion on the PC enabling grabbing and the Hyperion funkion without the Raspberry inbetween, just connecting a Ard Nano or Generic rip-off over USB (after configuring it)'

Is it possible to use this item:
    ''
    AZDelivery Nano V3.0 mit Atmega328 CH340 fertig verlötete, verbesserte Version mit USB Kabel, 100% Nano V3 kompatibel

with hyperion running on my pc to control the LED strip?

What wording do I need to use to search for the right configuration file for this or a more suitable item (if someone can recommend one).

Thanks you all!
    Any hint in English or German would be greatly appreciated!