Beiträge von Stanley

Had a working instance of Alpha 9 with WS281X in Pin18.

Tried to update to Alpha 10 and the system stopped working.

Did a fresh install of Alpha 10 without changing how things are plugged in.

Now I cannot get the lights to turn on.

I read somewhere that you need to run the hyperiond as root but I just get an error when I try.

Can anyone help me?

My Chromecast (v2) randomly reboots whenever it's plugged into the HDMI grabber.

Setup:
    RPi 2B+
    WS2812b directly plugged into pin 18
    100w power supply
    RPi and LEDs share the power supply

If I plug the chromecast directly into the TV's input, no issue. I've tried 3 different USB cables and also tried using a USB wall outlet. Still the same issue.

Anyone have the same issue?

Hi folks,

I can't seem to find the modified Adalight Sketch mentioned in the documentation. Can anyone point me to it?

Also, what is the advantage of using Adalight vs directly connecting to pin 18?

I did a test today and connecting to pin 18 seemed to work. My setup is:

Rpi2 B+
    ws2812b
    100w power supply
    usb hdmi grabber with loop

Everything seemed to work except that I noticed some random flickering during bright scenes and it was dimmer on the right. I'm guessing it is due to only powering the strip from one side. Total leds were about 270 using 60leds/m, left, top, and right only.

Few more questions:

• After how many leds should I inject power?
    • Why is the voltage on the strip only 3.8v? I only have a breadboard in between. I'm using 24awg jumper wires to connect the strip.
    • How can I lower the latency further? I already set it to capture 640x480 at 30fps only.