Beiträge von humdinger

Thanks pclin, that works! :thumbup:

If anyone is interested, I use this to toggle the LEDs. I use this bash script:

I can invoke this with my phone using e.g. the app RasPi Check.

I also created a submenu (Amber skin) to invoke: System.Exec(/storage/.hyperion/blinkenlights_toggle.sh).

Paths need to be adjusted, of course.

[I can't find a way to mark this thread "Solved". If an admin be so kind, thanks!]

Hi there!

I'm using a small script to toggle my LEDs via hyperion-remote --enable|disable LEDDEVICE.

It would be very useful and simplify things if there were a means to get at the current status of the LEDs. But it appears there isn't, or am I missing something.

Should I open a feature request to add a --status [SMOOTHING, BLACKBORDER, FORWARDER, BOBLIGHTSERVER, GRABBER, V4L, LEDDEVICE] parameter to hyperion-remote? It could return "0" for "Off", "1" for "On", and "-1" for "Error".

Thanks!

Cool! Mein HDMI->USB Adapter sollte am Samstag kommen...

Wenn man so rumliest, wird für den Einsatz soeines Adapters immer ein recht schneller PC und USB3 empfohlen. Ich hatte da ein bisschen Bedenken wegen dem schmalbrüstigen Raspi3. Zum Betrieb von Hyperion braucht man ja aber nicht volle Auflösung und Framerate, seh ich das richtig?

Wird der Capture-Adapter automatisch entsprechend runter-konfiguriert, oder schnappt sich Hyperion einfach soviele frames wie es braucht und alles andere wird gedroppt?

Danke, Johnny. Ich behalte das Gerät mal im Hinterkopf und hoffe dass ich a) noch länger bei Kodi 18.7 bleiben kann, und b) vielleicht mit einer nächsten LibreElec/RaspberryOS Version doch wieder der Framegrabber unterstützt wird. Ist eine unschlagbar günstige Lösung, wenn man bedenkt, dass Grabber+Splitter doppelt so viel kosten wie der ganze Raspberry...

Noch besser wäre natürlich c) wenn jemand Kodi 19.x zurück auf RaspberryOS 'Buster' portieren würde: Framegrabber Unterstützung und aktuelles Kodi...

Ich hab das gleiche Problem, nur mit einem Raspberry 3B. Entweder Kodi update oder funktionierende LEDs.

Was wäre denn die preiswerteste Hardware Lösung? Einzige Quelle ist Raspberry mit Kodi, Ziel ist ein Verstärker (DTS) an dem 1080p TV hängt. Ich finde nix konkretes im Wiki aber vermute der HDMI Output des Kodi muss durch einen Splitter - ein Signal zum TV, ein Signal zurück zum Raspberry, um es mit einem Grabber am USB Port für die LED-Steuerung auszuwerten.

Welche Splitter/Grabber Modelle sind zu empfehlen (kein 4k, nichts 'moderner' als DTS Sound)?

A bit more websearching reveals: Bullseye still uses Openbox as window manager (the new "Mutter" is for Pis with 2+ GiB, i.e. Pi4 and Pi400). About logging in, I kept the checkmark to "auto-login" in some settings dialog.

Sorry, I'm a Haiku user and not well versed in the Linux world... :)

After some more searching in the Forums, I found this thread that described my problem to the t:

"Kodi Ambilight not working but Hyperion remote ok"

So it just doesn't work on a Raspberry with a current OS and the "internal" grabber, I understand.

Is there a hardware solution with some USB grabber? I only need to grab stuff streamed over the network, no external sources. Would such a USB grabber work for that? Any model recommendations?

Many questions, sorry. :)

Hi there!

I used to run RaspberryOS "buster" with a long working Hyperion (years old, I don't remember the version...). I now upgraded to Raspberry OS "bullseye", and installed Hyperion as per the documentation. I successfully used the webinterface to configure everything according to a backup of my old working hyperion.config.json.

Everything seems fine, I can use the remote to show some swirly effects, but I'm unable to use the live video to grab the colours of the screen.

I notice that as capturing hardware, there's only "Framebuffer" while my old hyperion installation used "Dispmanx". Is that my problem?

Is there a way to get the "Dispmanx" device back?

Thanks a lot!

Indeed, this did further lower cpu usage. From 50+ % with "Trails", 10% with "Rainbow swirl" to now ~3% with disabled boot effect. I think I'll keep that setting, thanks! :)

One has to wonder though, why a setting that just has the LEDs blink for a second when hyperiond launches should waste cycles once it's done the blinking...

Anyhoo, thanks for bearing with me...

To bring this to a close. Before I got to the "low-cpu" config I mentioned in my comment #14 above, I played around with the USB capture settings (I don't have a USB grabber), but I reverted all in the end, the web interface showed the same default values as before. Nonetheless, the exported json config does differ compared to my initial "high-cpu" json config.

Here is the diff between 'high cpu" (left) and "low cpu" (right): https://linediff.com/?id=60044542687f4b941b8b4567

I have now reverted each setting - one by one - to the old "high cpu" value. You'll never guess which setting made difference!

The culprit was "effect": "Trails" !
    "Trails" has a core chugging away with 55%, a change to "Rainbow swirl" puts it back to around 10%. Weird, because the effect is only played when hyperiond is launched, I suppose...

Extremely weird: When I use a text editor to switch Trails/Rainbow and import the resulting json, I see the cpu usage difference. When I use the webinterface to switch effects, I don't! I'm at a total loss here...

Anyway, I'm happy cpu usage is back to normal.

Update: I found that if I ssh to the Rasp, "killall hyperiond" and then call my script that starts hyperiond - exactly as it is done in "autostart" - the hyperiond process only gobbles up ~10% of a core.
    No idea what to make of that...

I'm not really a Linux user (see my sig :) ), are there better ways to auto start Kodi + hyperion? I do want to boot into the desktop to have a fallback when having to exit Kodi.

Thanks,
    Humdinger

i would try this settings for your grabber:
    720 × 576on a pixel decimation of 2

I don't use a USB grabber, I only use the RPi to play back media (from DVD/HD/online). I don't find a setting for resolution for "Platform Capture", which I learned this is called.
    Did I miss something, or did you? :)

Thanks.
    Humdinger