Beiträge von abrenoch

I want to bump this thread... I am having the exact same issue, also running on a pi zero.

I'm wondering if maybe just delaying the service startup would help with the problem

Anybody who may be interested in doing some translations for this application please shoot me a private message.

We currently have someone for Spanish & German, but I would be glad to add support for anything!

Hello,
    I have the alpha 2. How download the alpha 4? On githut it is a zip version. Thanks

Right now the only way to get (pre) alpha 4 is to compile it with android studio. There are a couple items to wrap up before the new version gets posted (which hopefully will be accepted in the play store too)

Hi,
    Ok tkanks!
    I don’t have test the oreo update. Nvidia has stopped the update for the moment.

Edit: A feature for have only the left and right side is possible? (For film with black bar on the top and botttom)

Thanks

Oh okay, I must have misunderstood :)

For the black border detection, try seeing my comment above (https://hyperion-project.org/t…er.2708/page-4#post-11569)... It looks like (for me at least) the black bar detection works for this if it is set to a value greater than 0 in your hyperion config file. I used 0.01 myself. Conversely if you would like it to exclude the top and bottom, setting that to 0 should do the trick... I think!

Hi,

I have an update to android Oreo on my shield. Can I update?
    Is a new version coming soon?

Thanks!

We are definitely working on some updates! A whole new UI will be coming soon, some bug fixes, and a new feature or 2. Still trying to get google to list it in the play store for android TV...

Have you tried this out with the Oreo update? I can't imagine anything that would break, but ya never know! :p

Hi.

I have Nvidia Shield TV and Sony KD65A1.
    On my Shield it work in the main menu, in Plex, in Kodi and in YouTube: Super! Netflix and MolotovTV don’t work.
    On my TV (Android TV 7.0) it work in the main menu but don’t work with Plex, Kodi, Youtube, Netflix and MolotovTV. It dont work too with the enebbed tv tuner.
    I have try to use the alternate opengl grabber without success. The « grab on boot » is impossible to activate.

Sorry for my English. I am French

Yea it seems like android running on bravias seem to have some problems with the grabber... Not sure how to proceed with that yet :confused:... You are correct that DRM protected applications do not work with the grabber. Not much I can do about that yet, but there is a non-zero chance that rooting might get around that! The start on boot option is disabled on purpose - it doesn't work at all yet!

Thanks for the app. On TV Box there were problems. Light-emitting diodes shine only from above and from below. At the left and on the right it is dark.

You may want to try adjusting the threshold for black border detection in your hyperion server config (assuming this happens when watching movies with borders). Anything higher than 0 should help (I used 0.01 successfully)!

App looks great! Thanks for that work :)
    It is possible to configure an autostart of the app/service with system start? Or do I've to start manually everytime?

Glad it is working for ya!

Automatically starting the grabber when the system boots is something I definitely want to do... I actually started working on it but ran into some issues I'm not sure how to confront just yet (basically that little confirmation dialog that pops up has to be called every time the screen needs to be captured, and calling it from a background service is looking a little difficult). Ideally it would just start, but I might have to make the grabber request focus for a split second and then close the app.

If anyone reading this knows what I'm talking about and has any ideas I'm all ears!

Not sure how much help this will be, but I was able to get the protobuf code working in android studio (which I think is similar to eclipse). You can check out the repository for it here:

https://github.com/abrenoch/hyperion-android-grabber

I used the gradle plugin to generate my protobuf classes, but wave also used to command line tool from google as well. The gradle version was a bit of a PITA to set up, but it did work in the end.

Good luck!

EDIT: In my experience you may need to do some bit manipulation to produce the byte array in the exact format that hyperion is expecting, but you can find that in there too!

Also, if anybody is interested in joining the beta channel (in the play store) for the app check the original post for instructions!

It is only available for mobile on there right now (still need to finish the atv build), but wanted to make people aware!

this worked indeed. now, all the menus get grabbed and the LEDs light up.
    They stay black at YouTube, Netflix and so on, but even the home menu sends light-informations.

could this be a "layer"-problem? So you capture the top-Sony-AndroidTV-Layer-thing that lays above the video?
    I did not yet had time to check the sourcecode for any hints..

It seems like maybe youtube on different devices may behave in different ways... I'm afraid I'm just not knowledgeable enough on the topic to say for certain. You could try one of the alternate youtube apps linked earlier in the thread and see if you have any better luck with that!

Hey Guys..
    Just got me a Sony Bravia with Android TV and was excited to read about the Android grabber.
    Unfortunately i Cant Set the Hyperion service IP..
    When i enter it anderen click Finish, the Button cancel is selected and cannot bei changed (via remote) so the IP always stays empty.

Amy ideas?

(Sry for the typing, German Autocorrect is involved)

Hey Uni, that is probably because I shoehorned a mobile UI to work on android TV. Some of the inputs are a bit different for android TV, and I just haven't been able to wrap up the version made just for aTV (making an android TV interface sucks lol, a lot more work it seems). I've had a lot fall on my plate the past couple weeks and simply have not had much time to work on this.

That being said, once you type in the IP, try hitting the back button on your remote, which should hide the on-screen keyboard (at least the shield does). Once the keyboard is hidden you should be able to press the 'right arrow' button on your remote to select the save button. I'm fairly certain once I get things ported over that won't be an issue anymore!

Hi guys! Any more news? :)

That adapter I linked to + a pi zero = awesome. Works wight out of the box, got hyperion up and running on it no problem at all! Really clean and cheap way to set a device up, just solder a few wires to the GPIO and you are good to go.

The adapter we were talking about does seem to work! The app I was using had the image a bit squished horizontally, and quality is not great at all, but it does work. Personally, I wouldn't use it for anything, but that's just me. Really cool that is even possible though!

So what we are really trying to achieve is to be able to send signal to hyperion from all the apps installed in an Android box, not only kodi, right?

That's the idea!

For a device to run hyperion, you could get a $5 raspberry pi zero and something like this:
    https://store.google.com/produ…et_adapter_for_chromecast
    which should give power & network connectivity in one

I'm getting my adapter tomorrow to test a setup like that (was just curious), so I'll report back if it works well.

I'm not using...yet. I'm waiting for the led strips... The app reported is called Easycap Viewer and it works with the 2 most common internal chips of the USB grabber available. Remember that it must be connected by OTG. Could you please share if it works?

Interesting... I'm going to try that out! I have the device mentioned in this thread:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…xperience-with-this.2625/

So now I'm really interested to see how well that works... If it is basically just a video feed I don't see any reason why it wouldn't!

I'll try out my old xbox360 hooked to the grabber I linked above, assuming everything works and the latency is low, I don't see any reason why this couldn't be a way to make it work with other HDMI devices!

What is the possibility to have a USB grabber connected do a Android box? Should it work with external signals? Maybe...?

I watched a video on YT with a UTV007 video grabber connected to an Android by OTG cable and works flawlessly! Anyone with one that wants to give it a try?

Honestly had not really thought of trying that... What app are you using to get the video feed from the usb grabber?

Hi to you all and many thanks for the app! I'm going to receive my led strip and start to collaborate with you. For that matter, would you mind giving some basics like exactly what devices to we need to have? I have a android box with android 6.0, a raspberry pi and the led strip. This app only works with the box as source not with other hdmi sources, right?

I think that the "mibox" case happens because it has a different firmware. It would be nice to try booting the android box into libreelec and try again running youtube addon.

You can also try this variation of youtube Root/unroot versions available from a xda developer:
    https://forum.xda-developers.c…e-vanced-edition-t3758757

Hey Indiglo! You are correct, this app only works on the android device itself - not certain how exactly that ties into things like the bravia TVs that have android built-in, but I would wager it doesn't work for that either (though I would love to be wrong about that). The mibox seems like it may be doing some 'non-standard' (for lack of better term) things, but I'm hesitant to comment because I don't actually have one.

As far as hardware goes, it seems like you have most of what you need, short of a dedicated PSU for the LEDs. I do have my pi networked via the ethernet, I haven't tried wirelessly. One thing I added to my setup was one of those smart outlets, so I can turn the LEDs on/off with voice commands via my google assitant, which is pretty awesome!

I just setup test-channel for the app in the playstore, I'll update the OP to include a link!

I just installed the stable smartYoutube version and used the 4k legacy version. After some short testing, the HD video's worked fine with the grabber. The 4k video's made the grabber crash and I have the same strange image as on the original app.. The version of the original app is version 2.02.08

Interesting... When it crashed playing 4k videos, it did the thing where it makes the video all small in the corner again? I wonder if the mibox is doing strange things that the hardware I have is not (I mean it is pretty obvious something is different). I definitely have some work to do in the stability department, per my own experiences, but I'm honestly just not certain how to address this issue yet.

I'm working on getting the app into the playstore now (which is a whole new learning experience haha) so I can at least setup some private testing channels, I'm hoping once I get that on there I'll be able to collect crash data and stuff like that!

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration just to see if that has any impact on behavior?

Thanks for your hard work. For me the same result for the MiBox, although it seems a lot more stable.

Did had a freeze after watching a few minutes of Plex. For YouTube same issue but no crash this time.

[MEDIA=googledrive]1y-Yg__wszEwm9iFXxVFPX-q-3RTrbkP4[/MEDIA]

Well damn! There must be something going on there that I am totally in the dark about... Maybe a different version of the youtube app or something optimised for that or a specific set of devices? Mind sharing the exact version of the youtube app if you could find it?

After testing for a while yesterday I did notice it become unresponsive once, and that it is failing to start the grabber after waking up the device (requiring the service to be toggled)... I'll have to repeat that with a profiler running to see if I can get a peek at what is causing to to hang!

EDIT: Thommy, would you be able to give this a try and let me know if you have the same problems? https://smartyoutubetv.github.io/

Hey everyone, just posted a new alpha build for you all to try! The new grabber is now the default one, the old one can be toggled in the settings.

Just a note: I built this apk from a different computer so there is a chance you may need to uninstall the old version before you can install the update - but I might be wrong.

Please let me know if this helps at all!