Beiträge von RCHudspeth

i believe it was set to debug level.

ill look into adding a Arduino into the project and see if that helps.

currently using jumper cables to connect everything, ive swapped the cables a few times but ill see if maybe the connector on the leds is loose / giving a bad connection

it appears to be all sections that flash, i have noticed if i set all the leds to red it will sometime also flash blue then white

can you provide a log from LOGS> debug?

here are the last set of logs
    2021-02-23T22:47:14.114Z [hyperiond V4L2:/DEV/VIDEO0] (INFO) Started
    2021-02-23T22:47:14.117Z [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] (DEBUG) (GrabberWrapper.cpp:48:start()) Grabber start()
    2021-02-23T22:47:14.769Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:251:setInputImage()) Priority 240 is now active
    2021-02-23T22:47:14.775Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:351:setCurrentTime()) Set visible priority to 240
    2021-02-23T22:47:14.780Z [hyperiond HYPERION] (DEBUG) (Hyperion.cpp:559:handlePriorityChangedLedDevice()) priority[240], previousPriority[254]
    2021-02-23T22:48:41.444Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1054:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.0.31

not sure if this is what you wanted, got from system > log

How occasional is occasional?
    Is this a clean install?
    or how long has it been ok for?,
    does it only happen on platform or usb capture?
    Could someone in your house be opening up the hyperion app and at random intervals set it to white then off again - You never know :LOL:

it occurs every time i turn on the strip with burst of flashes every few seconds
    is a clean install and set up
    im using a usb capture

i have also found if i set all the leds to one colour via the effects panel it also flashes

with it flashing white occasionally id be looking at signal rather than supply, did you connect the earth of the LED strip to the Pi GPIO also?

i have the earth of the strip connected to the psu earth and pi earth

so ledstrip doesn't receive signal good from PWM? > turns white, then restore on dataline and colours is back.

could using a different GPIO pin that also has PWM / PCM make a difference to the timing? currently using GPIO 18 (PCM clock). would say GPIO 12 (PWM0) / GPIO 13(PWM1) / GPIO 19(PCM FS) be better?

everything seems to be working with the leds matching the screen colours apart from my leds flashing white occasionally.

im using ws2812b leds with a rpi zero. leds connected to GPIO 18

this is the power supply im using (the only one i copuld find at the time of purchese) -https://

would adding a resistor and/or a capactor help with the flashing? or is it just a bad power supply?

my usb capture card appears and disappears in the source selection menu, i have tried using different power supplies for the capture card and changed all the cables except for the male to male usb. ive also tried to different setting in the capturing hardware tab but with no success. is there a setting ive missed or is it just a bad capture device/cable?

this is the capture card im using -

rpi zero
    hdmi switch -