Beiträge von Tony P

Hi Guys,

hope someone can help.

Originally, I had Hyperion running with lite version of Raspberry Pi OS (32bit) on my Pi 4 4GB with SD card. On that I also installed Home Assistant, InfluxDB and Grafana. Hyperion was working fine.

Having read about the impact that influxdb can have on the death rate of an SD Card, I moved the install across to an SSD drive, for their reliability.

At this point, all apps are working fine, however the led strip (ws2812b) started to play random led colours, and not match what I can see via my HDMI USB capture card, via the preview window. To rule out any issues with the leds, capture card, or rasp pi, I have duplicates of each, and installed everything last night, via SD Card (as per my original install) and the same issue happens again with the odd LEDs.

Setup in Hyperion is 100 max leds (92 actually in use round the tv - but have tried changing the value to match, no change), USB capture card detected, and set for PAL, 720x480, 50hz. The preview window shows the picture as on the tv, and the preview led strip shows the same.

All special startups, idle setup has been disabled. I've tested with the effects, and they seem to be showing random leds too. This happens on both my original LED strip and also a new one which arrived yesterday.

Would anyone have anythoughts on what is causing this, and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Hi @davieboy,

problem solved - found the missing led controller drivers this time round. Installed Home Assistant using the 32bit version, which enables the GPIO. Added the custom repository from https://github.com/bradsjm/hassio-addons, and installed the add on, and then this shows the missing WS281X led controller. So now have home assistant (hassos.io) installed with the hyperion add on. Hopefully when I get chance to test it, this will all work fine!

Now just need to set up numerous other add ons to get details that I'm looking to implement.

Thanks for your help
    Tony

Testing the suggested commands:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec6
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libcec6 is already the newest version (6.0.2-1).
    libcec6 set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libcec-dev
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libcec-dev is already the newest version (6.0.2-1).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

unfortunately, doesn't look like this made any changes :(

Thanks @davieboy. My preferred option, is to install homeassistant OS, which has a hyperion add on, which can be installed. However I can't get that working with my led strip, as for some reason WS281x isn't available as an LED controller :(

I see there have been a few other people mention that they've had issues with this, and shown some errors from log files, however, no solution has been provided as yet, on the alpha v9.

The quickest option would be to buy some new leds, which meet the options we have available, but seem to be struggling to find the right leds on amazon/ebay etc.

Thanks for your help
    Tony

Hi Davieboy,

thanks for coming back, here's the output:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname --m
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$: command not found

so I tried:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uname --a
    Linux ubuntu 5.8.0-1006-raspi #9-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 16 12:55:30 UTC 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

Thanks
    Tony

Hi,

new raspberry pi 4 owner, looking to install hyperion and home assistant on the pi, and thought Ubuntu(64) may be the best approach. However on installing Hyperion, I'm hitting

Package libcec4 is not installed.

I've attempted several different routes to resolve, including the most recent attempt:

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/hyperion_file.deb
    sudo apt-get install -f

however still hitting the same issue:

Preparing to unpack .../Hyperion-2.0.0-alpha.9-Linux-aarch64.deb ...
    ---Hyperion ambient light preinst ---
    Unpacking hyperion (2.0.0) ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of hyperion:
    hyperion depends on libcec4; however:
    Package libcec4 is not installed.
    dpkg: error processing package hyperion (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    hyperion

To add, I've tried installing hassos.io, however the WS281X option, which is what my leds use, is not present. So if anyone has a solution to that, more than happy to go via that route.

If anyone could offer some advice on how to progress, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tony