Beiträge von Echo

Hi there,

I don't know in which sub-forum should I post, so sorry if this is not the right one.

I'm trying to understand how all of this works and I am overwhelmed by the amount of information out there, especially since there are thousands of tutorials but none seem to be suitable for my particular case.
    I want to use Hyperion on a PC with Windows and triple monitor setup. Is there a manual (I have already read https://docs.hyperion-project.org/en/user/ but it lacks a lot of information) that explains all the necessary components of this system and how to configure them? I'm pretty sure I understand it, but there are still details that escape me. If I'm not mistaken, it is something like this:

I already tested it with the last build of Hyperion for Windows + RPi4 with Hyperion receiving data from the PC via Wi-Fi. And it works, kind of. My main concerns are:

• I would like to use an Arduino or NodeMCU instead of an RPi4 because of power consumption and size, but I don't understand how to connect and configure them. In several forum posts I've seen Adalight mentioned, but I don't quite understand what it is. Is it a code that runs on the Arduino? Where exactly do I find it? Can it be installed on a NodeMCU with Wi-Fi?
      Which one would be better in terms of performance? Since the image capture and processing is done in Windows, the controller work is minimal. Would I notice performance loss in case of using an Arduino vs. an RPi?
    • How do I capture 3 screens at the same time? Do I need to use 3 different instances of Hyperion on Windows? Do I need 3 different controllers with 3 independent LED strips?
      I've seen in some tutorial that Hyperion Screen Capture can record 2 or 3 screens at the same time, but I didn't find any explanation on how it works. The only thing I saw is a screenshot where it looks like it uses 3 different Hyperion ports, one for each screen, but I don't understand how to configure any of that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.