Beiträge von UkJqXW

Hi all!

I have bought a Pi Zero and a Pi 4 to try both for the ambilight.

The temperature is with both Pi at about 42°C when the ambilight is active.

The ambilight itself works. I didn't notice any obvious differences. I tested while I watched an episode with the familiy and I did a short test with a ambilight testvideo (fluid ...).

"Device" to "Frames per second" was on "automatic". "Size decimation" was on 4.

But that's strange: the effects are affected massive. With the Pi 4 the response time for changing from one to another effect is very smal. With the Pi Zero it needs 3 to 5 seconds to change the effect. Sometimes I had to click twice. And the effect itself does not work smootly. With the Pi 4 every effect is smooth and stepless. With the Pi Zero the effect "Plasma" on example does step slowly from one position to the next. The effect "Knight Rider" stutters from left to right end vice versa like a car on cobblestones.

The conclusion is:
    Yes, you could use the Pi Zero but it sparkles with the Pi 4.

Thank you very much!

Both ways are working but exporting the config, changing the value and importing again is the easyer way.

To edit the database I tryed "DB Browser for SQLite" - it worked well. I used a Linux System to copy the database to a thumb drive, edited the database on windows and copyed the database back to the SD Card with the Linux System again. The rights had to be set as in the original file.

Hi!

I have read in the threads that APA102 is highly recommend because the colours are very good. And some users have reported that RGBW LED stripes are very good.
    (the colours of my WS2801 are very poor indeed!)

Both use the 5050 LED but RGBW has the additional white LED. But the APA102 has a 4-Wire/clocked/synchronous chip and the SK6812 has a 3-Wire/nonclocked/asynchronous chip.

So, what are the best LED stripes in 2021? Which kind should be used?

Where can I find the file "hyperion.config.json" in Hyperion.NG (using HyperBian) ?

I would like to change the used GPIO like in the thread "Change GPIO Numbers in Hyperion?" explained:

Zitat

"After that I changed in the hyperion.config.json file "output" : "/dev/spidev0.0" to "output" : "/dev/spidev1.0". Now Hyperion uses Pins GPIO20 (MOSI) and GPIO21 (SCKL)."

Hallo!

Nachdem ich mich soviel mit dem Ambilight am TV beschäftigt habe, hätte ich das jetzt auch gerne am PC. Ein Streifen oben über die breite von zwei 24" Monitoren ist ausreichend.

Ich habe gesehen, dass es Hyperion für Windows gibt. Wie bekomme ich da nun am besten die LEDs dran? Eine Möglichkeit wäre ja WLED mit einem ESP8266. Dann ist aber immer die LAN/WLAN Verbindung in der Steuerung, die ja durchaus für Fehler sorgen könnte.

- Gibt es Möglichkeiten einen LED Streifen per USB anzuschließen?
    (das sollte nicht unbedingt teurer sein als WLED)

- Brauche ich für die zwei Monitore auch zwei Hyperion Instanzen und zwei mal WLED (2* ESP8266 und zwei einzelne LED Streifen) oder geht das auch mit einer Hyperion Instanz?

are you sure it really died

Yes, it really died. None of the LEDs lights up, the Broadcom chip gets really hot and something makes a buzzing sound.

depends what its doing, if its just a server to run a Hyperion server the Zero would do the job, if your adding capture cards and making it work a pi4 would better to replace the pi3 with purely from a hardware perspective.

I want to install HyperBian and connect a HDMI USB capture card.