Beiträge von MrMoosieMan

looks good to me but im no pro ^^ , take it you can still see the video preview in Hyperion?

Is solid colour or effect working?

It appears to be working now. I disabled "smoothing" and the lights turned on and started working. Not sure why smoothing being enabled would kill it.

This is what I get...

root@HyperBian:/etc/systemd/system# ps aux | grep hyperion

root 732 29.7 1.4 243832 55396 ? Ssl 18:39 19:53 /usr/bin/hyperiond

root 873 0.0 0.0 7348 492 pts/0 S+ 19:46 0:00 grep hyperion

I then rebooted and got the below. If I'm understanding correctly, I'm no longer running it under root, is that right?

pi@HyperBian:~ $ ps aux | grep hyperion

root 596 29.5 1.4 245032 55340 ? Ssl 19:58 0:16 /usr/bin/hyperiond

pi 654 0.0 0.0 7348 528 pts/0 S+ 19:59 0:00 grep --color=auto hyperion

I then ran your commands again and checked the status and it appears correct again.

root@HyperBian:~# ps aux | grep hyperion

root 708 30.9 1.4 245332 56332 ? Ssl 20:01 0:09 /usr/bin/hyperiond

root 727 0.0 0.0 7348 516 pts/0 S+ 20:02 0:00 grep hyperion

And this from the log...

2021-03-26T23:47:07.655Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1054:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:10.10.10.190 2021-03-26T23:47:07.730Z [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonAPI.cpp:1063:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming deactivated for client ::ffff:10.10.10.190 2021-03-26T23:47:42.364Z [hyperiond COMPONENTREG] (DEBUG) (ComponentRegister.cpp:36:setNewComponentState()) LED device: disabled 2021-03-26T23:47:43.547Z [hyperiond COMPONENTREG] (DEBUG) (ComponentRegister.cpp:36:setNewComponentState()) LED device: enabled

Everything looks good, right?

I disabled audio in the config file. I opened the file @Lighting-guy77 recommended but the file was empty.

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service
    Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x

When I go to the directory "/etc/systemd/system" directory I do NOT see a file named "hyperiond@.service". Please keep in mind I'm very new so I might be missing something. Below is what I see. Any ideas?

root@HyperBian:~# cd /etc/systemd/system/

root@HyperBian:/etc/systemd/system# ls

autologin@.service dbus-org.bluez.service dhcpcd5.service getty@tty1.service.d hyperion.service poweroff.target.wants remote-fs.target.wants sysinit.target.wants

bluetooth.target.wants dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service dhcpcd.service.d halt.target.wants multi-user.target.wants rc-local.service.d sockets.target.wants syslog.service

dbus-fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.service dbus-org.freedesktop.timesync1.service getty.target.wants hyperiond@.service network-online.target.wants reboot.target.wants sshd.service timers.target.wants

----------------------------

I also ran the below commands you recommended.

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo systemctl disable hyperion

Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/hyperion.service.

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo systemctl stop hyperion

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo su -i

su: invalid option -- 'i'

pi@HyperBian:~ $ sudo su -l

SSH is enabled and the default password for the 'pi' user has not been changed.

This is a security risk - please login as the 'pi' user and type 'passwd' to set a new password.

Wi-Fi is currently blocked by rfkill.

Use raspi-config to set the country before use.

root@HyperBian:~# systemctl enable hyperion

Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/hyperion.service → /etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service.

root@HyperBian:~# systemctl start hyperion

----------------------------

I assume I'm its not going to work until I can run it under root. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

I have everything put back but can't seem to get the LEDs to light up. I can see the preview within the live feed inside Hyperion. Do you mind taking a look at my log file and letting me know if you see something off? I attached file.

Also, here is a screenshot of the "source" selection if this helps at all.

Settings are ws2812spi in Controller type?

I had it set to "WS281x" under "RPi PWM" but I just changed it to ws2812spi.

I currently have a 2 meter cable between RPi and LEDs. During my troubleshooting and I had it set to "WS281x" I removed the 2 meter cable and when to .3 meter but nothing had changed. Should I try the shorter cable now that I changed the setting to ws2812spi?

Looks good, but give more information about your devices... capture card, which LEDs, how many LEDs, Hyperion Version ...

• LEDs: No sure what specific info you need from the LEDs so here is a to the ones I purchased.
    • LED count: 243
    • Capture-Card: Again, not sure what specific details you're after (noob issue) :) so here is a to the item I bought. For whatever its worth, I am able to see what is playing on the TV within the "Live view" in Hyperion.
    • Version: 2.0.0-alpha.9

I currently have this (see here) setup but I'm running into issues. I have everything going except I cannot get the LEDs to sync with what is being displayed on the TV - they just stay white and flicker. Just trying to see if you guys would recommend I change something hardware wise. Thank you very much!