Beiträge von Rohit Soni

Hi,

I have Hyperion setup behind my 120 inch project screen , but since its a pull down screen , I currently have the LED strip mounted on the wall , but when I pull the screen up , the strips dont look that good , so to make it look better , I am thinking of using one of these profiles for the LED strips :

They cover for these profiles act as a diffuser also , so it gonna impact the Hyperion effects?/brightness? , has anyone tried this earlier , or any other options can folks suggest for how to install the LED strips behind the pull down screen?

Thanks

Hi,

I am planning to setup ambilight behind my 120 inch pull down projector screen? , just wanted to check as to if anyone has tried this earlier , the tutorials mainly talk about setting up behind the TV screen with the LED's mounted on back of TV screen itself , facing rear , in my case since its a pull downscreen , I am thinking of mounting the LED strips on the wall behind , do you guys see an issue with that approach? , will that produce the desire effect? , another option is to install these aluminium profiles :

basically along the border of the projector screen and then installing LED strips inside those ? , will this have impact on the performance?

Thanks

It should be fine - unless we've got a subtle weird bug.

Try it with 150 defined leds - it's. 2 minute job.

I'd bet more money on a hardware failure in the strip

It does not help , infact its behaving weirdly , sometimes those lites , do not come up and sometimes they stay lit as white , any suggestions m, if its a config issue or a hardware?

I have direct Pi attached , is there any specific config I need to do ?, as am not sure why those 10-15 LED stay just white lit and not responding to effects?

Hi,

I have a 5m (30 LED/m) APA-102 LED strip hooked up to the setup , I see the last atleast 10-15 LED's are not responding to the effects , they just stay lit up white , is there a configuration I need to do to make them react ? , or there is a limit to how many LED's Hyperion supports? , I need to extend this setup to 3-4 such strips , so want to make sure that the support exists for that much number.

Thanks

sorry but only fushicai und stk are supported.... i know they are hard to find in the us

So according to you none of these would work? , will fuschicai/stk work with latest raspbian ? or any specific version ? , do you have any direct link to hardware I can buy from

Hi,

I am trying to setup Hyperion with HDMI source and struggling to get the right USB grabber , I tried the following teo from amazon ;

with this one , I do not see the /dev/video0 folder , I see a new folder /dev/hidraw0

with this I do see the /dev/video0 folder , but when running hyperion config with grabber enabled , I see the error as "Inappropriate ioctl for the device".

Can anyone suggest how to fix these issues , or provide link to the exact grabber which works.

Thanks