Beiträge von godoy32

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to set up the signal detection, so the LEDs can turn off when there's no signal.

I checked others posts but had no success.

Mi video capture get this signal where's no device connected

How should be the settings of Red, Green, Blue?

Thank you! :)

where's the pictures?

Sorry about that. I re-uploaded the pictures. Now it should be ok.

it seems like the wiring in NOT okay, you can't use GPIO18 and GPIO10 simultainiously on the same ledstrip.

Oh no no. I'm not using GPIO18 and GPIO10 simultaneously. Originally I used GPIO18, but then I tried with GPIO10, now I'm only using GPIO18.

then you connected BI also, that needs to be connected to GND.

minus / V- / GND / 0 volts is all the same for polarity negative

I didn't get this part. Can you explain it? Please

if i was you i disconnected everything and started all over again.

I'll disconnect everything and start all again. I'll make a post updating the status.

Thank you all for your time :)

Thank you for your answer.

Photos of your setup would also be good

Here are some photos of my setup:

Tg8dWEx.jpg

Raspberry Pi Zero W. Green wire is connected to the GPIO 18 and the LED Strip.

Yellow wire is connected to the GPIO 10 and is not connected to any other element.

Vkl6ykv.jpg

This is the power supply. From left to right: Red wire is connected to the LED Strip 12V. Brown wire is connected to GND in the LED Strip. Yellow/Green wire is connected to the GND of the Power Supply. Brown and Blue wires are connected to the home electricity.

RBUFiIJ.jpg

Here the connection setup for the power supply, Raspberry Pi and LED Strip.

I know isn't a professional work, but it all should be connected good. As you said, maybe the Raspberry Pi is too close to the power

Hi everyone!!

I'm doing this project for the first time. I'm having some issues with my LED strip.

I've bought a WS2815 (12V) with a Power Supply of 12V - 10A (S-120-12)

I'm running hyperion alpha 9 with my Raspberry Pi Zero W.

When the hyperion service starts all the LEDs turn on randomly, I don't know why, so I checked some post and get a few theories.

This is my setup right now:

hyperion-project.org/index.php?attachment/5184/

The first solution I read was to connect the Raspberry Pi to the ground of the power supply, but I think this would burn the Raspberry, is that correct?

hyperion-project.org/index.php?attachment/5185/

The other point I checked is that the data cable has to lower voltage, so the LED Strip can not understand what the Raspberry is saying. So a solution is to connect a

logic level shifter (3.3V to 12V).

hyperion-project.org/index.php?attachment/5186/

Or maybe another solution could be to combine both and connect the GND of the power supply to the GND of the Raspberry Pi and also connect the logic level shifter. What do you guys think?

Why I'm getting random LEDs turn on?

Also, a little detail. When I do use RGB recognition tool of the Hyperion I notice all LEDs bright up, but the colour don't match (every LED has random colour and change constantly)

I would be really grateful if some of you could help.

Thank you everyone for your time!

Hello everyone!

This is my first time doing this project and I'm having some issues with the led strip setting.

I've bought a Ws2811 12v 60led/mt Ip65 Pixel Magic 5mts strip for this project.

I notice some difference with the regular strips used in the tutorials. The LED strip has 3 led length per pixel, that means if I want to turn on the first pixel the first 3 leds will turn on. How does that work in Hyperion?

I tried to set the setting with all the leds (see pic below)

And also with the third part of all the leds (see pic below)

But in both cases the led strip start to randomly show colors.

How can I set the correct setting to my led strip?

Is my led strip compatible with the system?

Thank you so much for your time!! :)