Beiträge von panel

Hello

I am getting started with building my own ambilight and I wonder about few things.

But first my setup: 75 inch TV (requires around 4-5m of LEDs)

1. Which RGBW LEDs are recommended these days (fast refresh rate is important to me)

2. Which controller model would you recommend these days? (quality and ease of use over price)

3. Does the controller has to be flashed with custom firmware?

We could improve Hyperion UI to allow using rtsp stream as the source for the colors.

The idea here is to turn old phone (that usually has a good camera) into RTSP streaming camera. This way phone which is constantly connected power can serve as external camera for ambilight. Additional benefit is the WiFI that allows for more flexible setup.

This is already double, so it's just a matter of adding some configuration into hyperion to ease up this flow:

More RE: Wireless IP Camera

thx for the answers.

I am exploring HDFury option. It looks like the original intent for this device was a bit different. It is unclear to me if it is possible to just split the video signal using HDFury and still connect the soundbar to TV via eARC (the HDFury demos have eARC soundbar connected to HDFury). I am validating this with support.

Hey

I need a bit of help to figure out the best way of adding Hyperion to my setup.

Now:

- Xbox Series X connected to the TV via HDMI 2.1 4k@120 with VBR enabled, sound output via HDMI audio (Bitstream out + Dolby Atmos)

- Soundbar is connected to the TV via HDMI 2.0 with eARC

I guess the ideal scenario would be to have an "all in pass-through" capturer card with 4k@120 + VBR, HDCP, HDR10, eARC, HDCP, Dolby Atmos...

AFAIK these don't exist yet so I wonder what would be the best setup and what compromises are required nowadays? What capturer/splitter would you recommend?

BTW Will eARC and Atmos with work with capture or splitter passthrough