Beiträge von Noob

• 5V 2A Wallcharger
    • 5V 15A AC to DC Power Supply
    • APA102 LED Strip Lights 16.4ft 5m APA102-C Individually Addressable Magic Color LED Strip 60 Pixels/m 300
    • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
    • Wires

Ill be using it using my gpu 2080 with dispalyport and monitor at 144Hz

what else I need? and if you have a guide plz send it here or PM

Well i figure its probably one of two things or maybe the combination of both:

1. Added the level shifter into the circuit.
    2. Added another 5V line towards the middle of the led strip as well as also connected the 5V and ground at the end of the led strip. This way the current of 5V is consistant throughout the whole led strip which i believe is deffinately helping in that sense that the led strip is behaving/responding to commands better.

Can u link me to the level shifter you use?
    BTW, I notice when I connect the 5V at the strip end to DO or DI in the beginning all the led is bright blue.

OK curiosity has me again.

You posted your config. And within the config I see you are using a apa102 led strip. Or a least that's what you have Hyperion configured for. I that the led strip you are using?

I took a closer look at your motherboard with the rgb controller. The controller is for 12 volt non-addressable RGB led strips. You may have damaged the apa102 led strip. (if that is the led strip you have.) The apa102 led strip is a 5 volt led strip, and usually do not tolerate over voltage very well.

Yes, I follow the same instruction here: https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/

--

I don't think I damage it because before I test It, it gives the same problem, and if its damaged it should not work at all since it's a case of electricity

So just an update. Yesterday i received the level shifter so i integrated it into the system. Also redid some of the wiring and also added another 5V line towards the mid point of the led strip to get better current flow and voltage towards the end of the strip.

Seems now everythinig is working however i may have some more calibration to do but that isn't a led stripe problem anymore.

Thanks all for your help!

I have absolutely the same problem

so sir, how you fix it? just adding the level shiffter?

Pardon me I'm curious as to how you tested the leds "using my PC motherboard and ALL working", How did you power the leds and what did you use to send the timed data signal to the leds to test functionality?

Lot's of good posts on the forum describing the same issues, and suggested fixes. {One resent post here.}

https://rog.asus.com/wp-conten…o_Alpha_RGB-headers-A.jpg
    or if you dont have those connector, just connect it to any GND and V in the board and ALL will light.

do you have a arduino to check if the leds works?

Thanks for your reply, no, but I have test the led and I can say it 99% is working. I test it using my PC motherboard all the leds light up and I can change the effect but I couldn't change the color, it always bright blue.

BTW, I follow many tutorial with Pi3, but always stuck with this step
    some of the circuits I tried is like those: [MEDIA=imgur]5YWUPFn[/MEDIA], and the one in the tutorial

I follow the same instruction exactly, but somehow I can't get it to work, the Hyperion installation and configuration part is the one I'm stuck with, I don't know what is the problem exactly, I connect with ssh and install the Hyperion and sent the config all without any error but the led wont respond. My configuration I think is right, and I think the problem is with the Pi or power supply.

leds acting strangely, one is ON, and the other OFF and so on....
    and some times all ON static, or half of them ON and the rest is OFF

so what do you think? I hope someone help me

Thanks ~

hmm I have the latest os for the pi and other software

log

[MEDIA=pastebin]BH8VaGTf[/MEDIA]

kodi 16.1-RC3

all downloaded from https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/

also, what this mean:
    sudo: /sbin/initctl: command not found

config

[MEDIA=pastebin]mqhtyBBa[/MEDIA]

Greetings, thnaks for the great tutorial I bought all the parts with some changes.

I choose 60Leds/m, and PS is 5V, 15A.. Good?

I follow the same instruction exactly, but somehow I can't get it to work, the Hyperion installation and configuration part is the one I'm stuck with, I don't know what is the problem exactly, I connect with ssh and install the Hyperion and sent the config all without any error but the led wont respond. My configuration I think is right, and I think the problem is with the Pi or power supply.

leds acting strangely, one is ON, and the other OFF and so on....
    and some times all ON static, or half of them ON and the rest is OFF

so what do you think? I hope someone help me

Thanks ~