Beiträge von stiray

pclin: that part was simple, trying to figure out where to enter it was far more complicated ;)

Also ideas for improvement:

- define first light and direction by clicking on layout

- on click turn on desired right on layout (eliminates the need to count the LEDs, click and check if the light turned on is the right one)

No, the LEDs dont fade, they are equally bright, no flickering either, they just dont work beyond some point.

Yes, I am using SK6812, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32476317187.html

Each 1m, hmm, I did some LED lightning in my kitchen, but this wasn't an issue. I will try to add some additional power to the end of the strip and see if it is any better... a bit annoying but ok. I will test the connections between working and not working led with ohm-meter and see what comes out.

What about data cable, I have read that it shouldnt be too long or the level shifter should be used.

Timmy thank you, I have aluminum frames here and I also got myself a mitre saw (45 degrees turn and 45 degrees tilt - i was planning buying it for ages) so the precision 45 degree cuts at corners shouldn't be an issue.

I am having Q90T TV and it is perfectly flat at back (at least 5 cm from edges) so I can put the alu frames to the edge without any issues.

After half a day of soldering I am having the leds blinking (alu cutting comes tomorrow) looks like it works, but something is tearing my nerves, I dont know if it is settings or broken connection of something else but from 4m led strip, only half of leds turn on.

I have no clue if this is the issue with the length / thickness of data cable (1.5m), hopefully not...

Check this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

What the issue is, you are having a great TV that supports HDR and then you are not getting the picture as it should be, as the capture card is stripping the HDR data from the signal.

I will get a HDR capable passtrough splitter and send one signal directly to TV and another to the capture card. Anyway, the led colors will be probably off if you play HDR content on TV and not use HDR out (which the card doesnt have) for setting the same colors for the LEDs.

I am so pissed off that I havent check this before buying and have believed the YT streamer reviewing it.

It has to be written on the card HDCP2.2 and you will be good to go :)

No? HDCP is a copyright protection scheme (to support it you need to get asymetric encryption keys and sign bunch of agreements that force you not to send out unencrypted content to the next device) and has nothing to do with HDR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…igital_Content_Protection

a more specific, certainly less confusing answer ...

It wasnt confusing, but anyway thank you for it, it is actually great, what are you using to draw it? And you are right, think 20 times, cut the freaking aluminum profile at 45 angle with hand saw only once :D

its not exact science, just try it out

Well i will, the issue is that I dont have much space in between TV (2cm) and tests like this are annoying as hell :) But thank you for your answer.

also one thing; tv's on backpane are not perfect flat and have curbes,

I think that mine does (Samsung Q90T), I havent find any bumps.

Check Zasluke - good quality cards, also you will need a hyperHDR to handle HDR input ;]

Which Zasluke?

I have bought Zasluke 4k USB 3.0 HDMI Video Capture card (cant find other designations). I cant find specs mentioning HDR anywhere and I am getting worried that it doesnt support HDR capture at all. :( And even more, I am worried that it doesnt even support passtrough HDR :( :( and will strip HDR data from the signal.

Now I am searching aliexpress for 4k HDMI splitter that supports 4k HDR to move one HDMI output directly to the TV screen and second to the capture card =/

Lightning-guy77: thank you for clarification :)

What angle do you recommend?

I am still playing with idea to use aluminum profiles due to LEDs being protected from dust but in this case I would have to pull some serious thinking into having the adjustable angle.

One more positive thing is that the profile is acting as a reflector although I am still not sure if I would rather use the white or anodized silver version. Maybe even using black one (for the looks) and adding some glued aluminum foil to it for maximum reflection.

My TV is 2cm from the wall and I have found two profiles that would fit nicely. One is non-symetric on picture in first post, where you can have either 60 or 30 degrees angle, while the normal profiles have 45 degrees.

I just got RPI 4 and would like to prepare it while waiting for the LEDs from aliexpress.

Zasluke 4k usb 3.0 HDMI video capture card is also ready.

I was a long time user of libreelec but another option would be to install Raspberrian and install Kodi + Hyperion there. Maybe something else? Vital is Hyperion and Kodi, for everything else I am flexible.

I can administer linux and dont have issues into digging into the OS but I would like to avoid too much maintenance on whole thing when it is set up.

What OS would you recommend?

Has anyone tried to mount LED stripe within 45 degree aluminium profile?

I was thinking a bit about how to mount the LEDs behind the TV. If just glued to the back of TV, half of the light is lost (by illuminating behind the TV), while the alu profile would direct the light out.

What I am a bit worried is that the LEDs would form light spots on the wall, which can be then fixed with light dispersing plastic front.

The profiles are around 6 euros / meter so the expense is not really relevant.

Something like this:

alu.jpg

Also as much as I know about LEDs, they need some form of cooling and typically they are mounted into aluminium profiles that are also working as a heat sink.

Is this a good idea or maybe a bad one?