Beiträge von Thelilgrant

Always simpler than I anticipate, you guys have done some incredible work on this project, I got up and running so much faster than I expected! Thanks for your help!

Follow up question, I can now address all 576 LEDs properly over the serial adalight connection, but the latency / responsiveness appears worse than the WLED UDP connection. Is this just a reality, or can I increase the baud rate or do anything to reduce the latency over USB?

Hello everyone,

Thanks to the answer on my previous thread, I was able to get hyperion running flawlessly using WLED on an ESP8266 (NodeMCU). The only remaining issue is the 490 LED limit of WLED due to the UDP Packet size. I have 576 WS2815 12v LEDs, 4m of 144/m. My setup is already physically built, and the responsiveness is amazing, but I want to use all of the LEDs for the full effect.

I am already powering my ESP8266 by USB from my PC that is running Hyperion, is there a serial or USB connection I can switch to that enables all 576 LEDs? Adalight serial maybe? If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Jon

Hello everyone!

Sorry if this is a basic question, but if I wanted to use hyperion just to grab my screen in Windows (Youtube videos / games) and then send the color info to a nodemcu to control the LED strips, without any HDMI capture or splitter or raspberry pi, this should be possible right?

Could anyone point me in the right direction for similar implementations, setup guides etc?

Thanks a lot!