Beiträge von Nghtrdr

ArniVidar,

I am not familiar with Linux at all just like you. So I will have to figure it all out as well. Yes I have all the devices connected to the avr and still have 3 open ports available. When I wrote the above I was a bit confused as to the need for a splitter. It's my understanding that alot of tweeking is needed to get the perfect Hyperion for you as every setup is different but that's part of diy anyways.

How? "I had to learn how to give my user root access".

The info you have shared is invaluable for me.

Thank you

Pclin,

My setup currently is only 1080p so I don't think I will have an issue with the second output of the avr for now. If, when that changes I will do a deeper look at hardware. Thank you for the info.

I purchased a simple capture card for now. Hopefully it works. If not I will return it and try another. I will be working on this today.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the sharing!

Hello,

I am working on piecing together what I would need to do my first setup. I have been reading and ready for days now. I am a bit confused what I need for a the splitter and capture hardware.

My setup will be used on an 1080p tv which gets its signal from a yamaha (advantage) reciever which is 4k. I mostly stream (Netflix, prime) and watch downloaded movies from a pc. I do have an Xbox, playstation and cable box, all of which is connected to the reciever. The reciever has dual hdmi outputs. I wish to use one of the outputs for the Hyperion setup running from a rpi3b+ (already owned) with ws2812b leds and a meanwell 110watt supply.

I have searched for some of the member mentioned devices (Xolorspace, FeinTech, MacroSilicon, ect) and it would seem most are on the other side of the world from me (Canada). So with the exchange rate, shipping and super long shipping times. These options are out of the question for me.

Please note that I do not stream from the consoles. I only use them for game play and have no intentions of using ambilight while playing games.

My questions:

1: Do I still need splitter in this setup?

Would any of these work if one is needed or future proofing (Ie adding a Nvidia sheild or firestick to the setup)?

2: can I use a cheap USB dongle type capture card or do I need something better than these?

Would any of these work?

If I am completely off base here with my selections above please feel free to add yours.

Also any Info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The pi and those leds are both 5v systems. Running a 12v power will fry both. You can use a buck convertor to lower the voltage down to the appropriate 5v.