Beiträge von Co!

The Overall colors are great, it's just when they are very dim. When it's a lighter color it's very accurate.

The only way i could kind of "fix" it is by setting the backlight to 2%... But thats more of a workaround i suppose 8o

Thats an example of what I mean... The picture is very dark with a very slight Green tint and now only the Green Part of a few LEDs is lit slightly, Blue and Red is completely off...

Hey :)

I've got my setup running (Pi 4B, WS2812B, USB-recorder) and I'm positively impressed!

The only problem I have is that the Individual colors of the LEDs (so red, Green or Blue) are flickering very dimly when the Image is very dark and only has little color. The problem is that when the Signal is dark grey and has, for example, a really slight Red tint, the LED glows dimly red. That of courses is not very accurate to dark grey with a slight Red tint.

So my Question: is there a way to turn off the LEDs completely if they are under a certain brightness Level? I think that would solve the flickering when really dark colors are shown.

If not through Hyperion, maybe there's a way to set it in the WS2812B driver itself? I don't know if thats possible, not a programmer :D

Hey, you need to give root permissions to Hyperion for WS281x settings to work!

Try These Console commands:

sudo systemctl disable --quiet hyperion@pi.service --now

sudo systemctl enable --quiet hyperion@root.service --now

If it still doesn't work then it's probably because the pi 4b isn't yet supported in the Full Release. Try the nightly Version of Hyperion. (had the same Problem ;))

Here you go! thanks for the reply!

I was thinking about using an older Image of Hyperbian... do you think that might solve the problem?

Hey, this problem probably got an answer already in another thread, but i cant seem to find anything, sorry for that!

So I set up my Raspberry Pi 4b with Hyperbian and got everything connected.

I gave root permissions to Hyperion, so that I can output to a WS2812B strip via Port 18 on the pi.

That sadly doesnt work though, and when I try to connect i get a debug-message saying:

[ LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

Any Idea on how I could fix this? I can't imagine, that its really not supported, since its an ordinary WS2812B strip and they're all the same... right?

Thanks for any answers in advance :)