Beiträge von palatable

Wow! Really?? I will need all 8 wires of CAT6 just to be able to push data signal 8 feet? And I can't use 14 guage for power for 8 feet, it has to be 10 guage? If so, 10 guage for each for both power injection points or 10 guage can feed both points?

I just put together a Hyperion 2.0.12 + Raspberry Pi 3b + generic USB capture device + WS2812B (5 volts, 177 LEDs) setup. Unfortunately I can't fit/hide all the devices and all power supplies behind the wall mounted TV, so I have unsightly wires going from the TV to the top of the hole in the floating media console. For me to be able to hide everything I would need to put all the devices and power supplies in the media console and run ~8 foot of data & 2x positive & negative wires (for power injection) in the wall to the LED strips on the back of the TV. With the max current usage being 8 amps (when all 177 LEDs are white, max brightness), how can I safely run ~8 feet of data and 2x power wires in the wall without the LEDs suffering from brightness and performance issues?

Why not doing a test yourself, find out and report about it?

you can't do any harm with trying, the Pi is only hardware.

Worked without a hitch. I didn't change anything in config.txt as I didn't want the Pi potentially generating any additional heat - it's in a basic Pi case and mounted a cm or two from the wall due to the low profile TV mounting bracket.

Thanks!

I have a Hyperbian installation on a Raspberry Pi 2, but one of my Raspberry Pi 3's just became available. Can I simply take the micro SD card out the Pi 2 and put it in the Pi 3 or do I need to do anything special to get that same Hyperbian installation booted and running successfully intact in the Pi 3?

I installed Hyperbian on a Raspberry Pi 2b and got the LEDs dancing successfully via WLED and ws281x/RPi PWM controller types. It's noticeably laggy compared to the RPi 3, but my RPi 3's are in use for other priority installations. I do have an Orange Pi 3 and a Rock Pi 4c sitting unused, so I figured I try Hyperion with them. I installed the latest versions of Armbian on both, installed the nightly version of Hyperion, but can only get WLED controller type to work on both - ws281x does not light up the LEDs when connected via GPIO pins. Hyperion is running as root on both. Hyperion log has the following error message on both:

[LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

Any idea how to resolve this error and get LEDs working via GPIO pins on these devices (or via anything faster than WLED)?