Beiträge von Mmz

I cannot find this part in my config.json.
    I don't want to use the Android app each time to balance my white. My white looks way to reddish and bluish. I don't want to use HyperConf no longer to setup my LED's colors, so I want to do this by hand.
    Reason:
    HyperConf generates a configuration file with a part named "hsl" (hue, saturation, luminance) which for me is somewhat useless, because my TV is far away from the wall. That's why I need very bright and intense colors.
    The Android app provides "hsv" (hue, saturation, value) which is much more useful for me to calibrate the colors as bright and poppy as needed for usage under daylight conditions.

I changed the "hsl" part of the HyperConf-generated config.json...

to "hsv" ...

... but I don't understand how to balance pure white as done with the Android app?
    Do I need to reduce the

Code
    "whitelevel" : 1.0000

for red from shown snippet above, if pure white is way to reddish? Or do I need to insert additional code blocks? I don't want red to have more or less white, I want white to have less red (and blue). It just looks nice when calibrated with the Android app. If I follow the official calibration tutorial step by step this doesn't give satisfying results to me.

Btw I wonder what this general block does? :

Regarding all the other blocks, this looks somehow redundant to me as beginner...

Maybe the defaults have changed in the kernel drivers in 18 ?

Can you use something like v4l-ctl to adjust brightness and contrast ?

I don’t know how to do that. I am very new to Hyperion things. In libreELEC builds, apt is not included and I don’t have v4lctl (in web it’s written like this) installed. Since there is no 'dpkg', I don’t know how to show all installed packages, so I just tested with 'which'.

Hi there,
    I wonder why I cannot use Hyperion for external HDMI sources with kodi 18 testbuilds on my RPi3.
    I want to use kodi Leia testbuilds, because on the latest stable release of LibreELEC (kodi 17), full 3D frame-packing heavily stutters and with new kodi 18 testbuilds it is very smooth.

Pic of libreELEC kodi 17:

Pic of libreELEC kodi 18:

I would be very happy if someone could tell me, if and how this could be fixed. I cannot use the external grabber this way, because there is so much black.

I modified my script to run as "daemon", checking each 5 seconds for two flags in /tmp (1st flag to see if hdmi source changed, which will result in picking the right Hyperion configuration file, 2nd flag to see if user wants LEDs/Hyperion to be on or off, so I no longer need the CEC Remote thing.

If someone wonders why I did all this:
    I'm not sure if this is how it was intended to be, but the official Hyperion app from Google Playstore has no working "turn LEDs off"-button for me. It just resets the colorwheel and effects and so on but does NOT turn the LEDs off, which I find is not the way it should run. Second, as I yet mentioned this app doesn't provide a way to toggle between several configuration files for Hyperion, which I find necassary, because a) I want to switch between internal and external grabber and b) the USB-Video-Grabber does not provide the exact same colors than the HDMI-Source for each source, so I want to have the ability to auto-switch between several pre-stored configurations.

Of course, this is specifically designed to work with my Denon AVR's xml, but if someone somehow is interested in the whole thing, may be because he owns an AVR with readable xml files as well, here it is:

Turn Hyperion on / off:
    Name: h-toggle
    (I run this script by Android app "RasPi Check" as stored command, much more comfortable than using Juice SSH)

Code
    #!/usr/bin/env bash
    # This script needs script 'which-h-grabber' as daemon to turn Hyperion on and off!
    if [ -f "/tmp/h-off" ]; then
        rm /tmp/h-off
    echo "Hyperion ON"
    else
        touch /tmp/h-off
        echo "Hyperion OFF"
    fi
    exit 0

Check which source is selected in AVR and if LEDs should be on or off:
    Name: which-h-grabber

The "daemon" (because of LibreELECS r/o filesystem plus missing (?) cron):
    Name: h-grabber-daemon

Code
    #!/usr/bin/env bash
    # This script runs script 'which-h-grabber' in an interval
    path="/storage/MyHyperionDaemon/which-h-grabber"
    while [ 1 = 1 ]
        do
        bash $path
        sleep 5
    done
    exit 0

Of course, since I execute the "daemon" in an SSH session, I start it like this

Code
    nohup bash h-grabber-daemon > /dev/null &

to disown the process.

Hi there,
    I recently have setup all my hardware and it is working great :)
    Setup:
    RPi3 with LibreELEC running Hyperion installed via HyperCon

Now that everything is setup, I recognized the daemon always points to one single configuration file and the Hyperion App for Android doesn't provide an easy way to toggle between several configuration files.

So I wrote a little script (quick 'n dirty), which will read out my AVR's xml to see which hdmi-source is active (all in bash :sickxx: has been a pain in the ass...) and will allow me to toggle between internal and external grabber (if called with arguments). I named it 'htoggle'.
    Since libreELEC is designed in a very restrictive way, I'm not sure if I somehow will be able to run this as a daemon, so I decided to toggle by hand via CEC remote for now.

This is my script, running nice from within ssh sessions:

Now I barely understand, how to modify libreELECS remote keymapping. I cannot get access to these infos, because kodi.wiki is offline since a few days and all of my web search results point to this wiki.

I want to alter the mapping for my CEC Remote (the color keys which I don't need) to execute "htoggle" and "htoggle off".

I thought it would be enough, to modify .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml and include a tag like this:

In this example I set everything to ActivateWindow(Videos) for testing purposes.
    As long as I understand, now the original global part from original (untouched) remote.xml should be replaced by my modification.

But it does not work. kodi seems to ignore my advancedsettings.xml, even if I can see it loads:

What am I missing? Isn't this the proper way to modify key actions on a CEC remote?

Jetzt funktioniert alles. :)
    Das Problem war einfach der Composite AV IN meines Samsung TV! Diesen hatte ich zum testen des Konverters benutzt, da mein USB-Grabber aus China noch nicht angekommen war.
    Heute ist er aber angekommen, und er verarbeitet das Signal einwandfrei (sehe ich, wenn ich in HyperConf ein Bild hole). Nur mein TV erkennt das analoge Videosignal nicht, wenn ich vom HDMI-Splitter über Ausgang 2 in den Konverter gehe und von da dann zum TV. Dann kommt nur ein schwarzes Bild mit ein paar Streifen. Das selbe Signal wird aber vom USB Grabber völlig einwandfrei verarbeitet!

Ich lass das alles hier trotzdem so stehen, weil vermutlich hin und wieder jemand ein ähnliches Problem hat, und dann auch mal etwas hin- und her probieren kann, ob z.B. ein simples Vertauschen der beiden Ausgänge des gekauften Splitters in irgendeiner Form Abhilfe schafft.

Wen's interessiert, ich habe diesen Splitter gekauft:

MfG,
    Max

Hm... aber meine LED Streifen haben 30 Stück pro Meter. Die Auflösung ist doch super gering, was schadet da denn der Umweg über den Converter und USB-Grabber?
    Da ich ja noch nicht alle Komponenten habe, stelle ich es mir eventuell ja auch falsch vor:
    Muss ich jedes Mal händisch (per App z.B.) zwischen internem und externem Grabber wechseln, oder wird später automatisch nur da wo möglich, also innerhalb kodi, der interne Grabber verwendet und in allen anderen Fällen (Hyperion an, aber kodi spielt nix ab) wird automatisch der externe Grabber genommen? Dann wäre es natürlich einfach.

Übrigens funktioniert bei mir bei angeschlossenem HDMI Splitter CEC nicht mehr.
    Hab jetzt auch endlich kapiert, wodurch das ausgelöst wird, aber verstehe den Grund nicht. Wenn ich den HDMI-Splitter-Ausgang Nr. 1 an meinen TV weiterleite, dann funktioniert CEC aber der Composite AV Converter zeigt kein Bild an. Wenn ich hingegen Ausgang 1 für den Converter nehme habe ich ein konvertiertes Bild aber kein CEC am TV an Ausgang Nr. 2.
    Das würde auch erklären, weshalb ich letztens völlig verwirrt war, dass erst die ganze Zeit kein Bild kam (siehe Thread-Titel) und dann nachdem ich alles neu angeschlossen habe, und da eben zufällig die Ausgänge getauscht habe, plötzlich der Konverter funktionierte...

Woran könnte das liegen?

MfG
    Max

Hallo Leute,
    Dies ist mein erster Post hier im Forum.
    Ich habe mir kürzlich sämtliche Komponenten bestellt, die ich laut diverser gründlich gelesener Anleitungen im Netz benötige, um meinen TV mit Ambilight, betrieben über einen Raspberry Pi 3 in der Variante Ambilight für ALLE HDMI Quellen zu realisieren.

Die Komponenten sind noch nicht alle eingetroffen, da ich einen Teil davon in China bestellt habe, aber für mein aktuelles Problem spielt das gar keine Rolle:

Heute ist mein HDMI zu Composite Video Konverter eingetroffen. Der USB-Videograbber ist noch unterwegs zu mir. Ich habe aber bereits den HDMI-Splitter und dachte mir, dass ich den Konverter ja sofort mal testen kann, indem ich das gesplittete Ausgangssignal aus dem Splitter (welches auch einwandfrei funktioniert, das hab ich vorher schon getestet) in den Konverter schicke und von da aus in den Composite-Eingang meines TV. Mir ist aufgefallen, dass der Konverter leider nur 50 und 60 Hz bei 1080p beherrscht.

[Ich hatte erst ein paar sehr ominöse Probleme, die ich hier aufgelistet hatte, kaum ein Eingangssignal wurde konvertiert, etc. Diese konnte ich bereits lösen, daher habe ich sie hier entfernt, um eure Augen zu schonen.]

Es bleibt nur noch meine Frage übrig, wie ihr das denn gelöst habt für 24p? Gibt es (günstige) Konverter, die das können, oder nutzt ihr alle den internen Grabber in kodi als alleinigen 24p-Zuspieler für Ambilight?

MfG,
    Max