Beiträge von Modnar

but it does boot up until Hyperion loads but only the leds don't fire up but you still have the live feed visible?

Yes, it boots ok and gets a live feed. It seems to be working (according to the log file), just the lights will not come on. The server shows up under the Hyperion app but doesn't light up there either. Can I change the GPIO and see if it's that pin?

how much are they apart in release date? It can also be an firmware problem of the PI

try this first;

The new Raspberry Pi was purchased 2 months after the first one. I tried updating the firmware as you suggested and the lights still do not turn on. At this point I have to assume that the Raspberry Pi is faulty.

swap the SD card from the old one to the new second one, leave everything connected.

if its not working then its a hardware/firmware Raspberry problem.

I switched the SD card from the working system to the new system and the lights did not work. I put it back in the old system and it works fine.

I am going to order a new Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for your help!

Hi everyone,

I have an unusual problem. I am trying to set up a second ambilight system. The problem is I can't get the second system to turn the lights on.

Here's the setup:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

Papeaso 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Device

FeinTech VMS04201 HDMI Matrix Switch

BTF-Lighting WS2812B LEDs

AppleTV 4k

This setup works great.

I put together a second Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and bought a second set of LEDs

When I hook up the second Raspberry Pi to the above setup with the video capture card, I get a live video but I cannot get the LEDs to come on. I tried the Hyperion app and still no lights.

The new lights work, I tested them with the old Raspberry Pi setup. They just don't work with the new raspberry Pi, so I think the problem is with the second Raspberry Pi.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Modnar

Here is my log file

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, I have a picture in preview. The lights have been working for weeks and then they just stopped working. Nothing was changed. I've rebooted everything several times, unplugged and replugged, etc. The lights also do not work with the hyperion app.

My system:

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2019 Quad Core 64 Bit WiFi Bluetooth (4GB)

Assletes Video Capture Card, 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Device, 1080P HD 60fps

FeinTech VMS04201 HDMI Matrix Switch 4x2 with Audio Extractor Scaler Ultra HD 4K 60Hz HDR ARC

BTF-LIGHTING WS2812B - 232 LEDs in my setup requiring 15.3 Amps

Alitove 5v - 15A power supply for LEDs

AppleTV 4K (with thread)

8K HDMI Cable 2.1 48Gbps 8K60 4K120 144Hz eARC HDR10 HDCP 2.2&2.3 cables connecting everything

I've attached a mockup picture of my setup, with subtractions noted. I just substituted my equipment.

Hi All,

Newbie here. I finally got my lights working correctly! I just noticed a new problem and I'm not sure if it is hardware or software.

My streaming device is an AppleTV 4k. When I watch Sling, the audio comes through just fine. When I watch Plex, Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc. I am not getting full audio.

Since these apps are all running on the AppleTV 4k, I'm not sure why one app would provide full audio and the others do not.

It's like I get the music track but not the audio portion of the sound.

Any ideas?

TIA

Please more information about your system.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2019 Quad Core 64 Bit WiFi Bluetooth (4GB)

Gofanco Prophecy 1x4 HDMI 2.0 Gaming Splitter with HDR (4K) to SDR (1080p) Enhancement – Auto Downscaler, 4K @60Hz 4:4:4, 18Gbps, Audio Extractor, EDID, 4 Port, 1 in 4 Out HDMI Splitter, TAA Compliant

Assletes Video Capture Card, 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Device, 1080P HD 60fps Broadcast Live and Record Video Audio Grabber

BTF-LIGHTING WS2812B RGB 5050SMD Individual Addressable 16.4FT 60Pixels/m 300Pixels

I'm attaching a picture of my setup. I did not include the logic level converter, capacitor, or resistor.

I have a Raspberry Pi4. I followed the Ambilight Tutorial from Chris Majestic. I have BTF-LIGHTING WS2812B LED strip hooked up to the GPIO on the Pi. Here is the link to the tutorial I followed:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.