Beiträge von porridge2215

hard day, but decided to install a standard pi operating system:

Introducing Raspberry Pi Imager, our new imaging utility - Raspberry Pi
    Flash Raspbian to your SD card with the Raspberry Pi Imager, our brand new imaging utility. Download it free today!
    www.raspberrypi.com

and install the app manually:

Hyperion-Project Repository

also got the latest sketch from :

hyperion.ng/adalight.ino at master · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    The successor to Hyperion aka Hyperion Next Generation - hyperion.ng/adalight.ino at master · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    github.com

changing the ino file was easy for 260 LEDs and the stripe type that i am using. analogue code seems scary but didnt have to delete any code at all, as there are a lot of "if total_leds = 1 then use analoge code else digital code", Very well made

and all worked straight away

I've built a webcam to Pi4 to arduino uno to WS28912b LEDS

the sketch on the arduino UNO seems very standard, i can paste the code later if you want to see it

i have got the void setup to flash 'my' sequence of lights so i know when it has 'started'

hyperian 2.0.12 reconises the webcam and the led layout, shows a nice live preview,

it also sees the adalight led contoller as usb0 of the arduino UMO baud 500000, same baud as the code

BUTU i am unsure if it ever gets to the arduino

dashboard says status = on, and when i switch LED off then on, i get my light sequence, so it runs the void setup ok

but unsure if it gets to the arduino

i have though there is only the green data wire from the arduino - do i need to connect a ground on the arduiino to... the ground on the light strip too?

i DO have a hyperian boot effect activated, (effect/led test/150000) but that doesnt show anywhere

any help appreciated

Porridge2215

Void setup is:

and main loop is straight after