Beiträge von brownbear

I hooked it up to GPIO 10, enabled SPI on the raspberry pi, made sure all connections are correct. However, the leds just keeps individually changing to random colors with seemingly no control every time I would boot my rpi. The rpi uses Hyperbian, and has all packages updated. Every time I boot into Hyperbian, the Hyperion status is always "Stopped". I tried running effects through the configs, but they do not respond. I’ve also tried using screen capture with Hyperion Screen Capture, but it has no response either.

Cool. I’ll look for a multimeter and the Wago connector (wasn’t planning on the build to get this expensive 😂).

I forgot to mention that when I was testing the LEDs, I forgot that the 5m of LED is 90W, and the power supply can only handle at 75W. Although I am not entirely sure, I think that might have something to do with it since the power supply was at full load for ~5 minutes.

Also, the strips can be cut, and I will, but I’ll definitely buy another power supply for the other end just in case. 👍

Hi, I bought an (15A and 75W) and I ran the sk6812 5m LEDs for a few minutes. The female barrel connect ran extremely hot, and when I grabbed the connector, the LED turn off and back on for about 10 seconds until it finally died. I tried reconnecting, but I think the LEDs are dead for good. So I have to suck it up, and order another strip of LEDs. I guessing I should remove from the other end instead😳. I read some review talking about how it was not a 15A, or that the barrel connector could not handle 15A. Should I buy a different barrel connector? Or should I just outright buy a different power supply?