Beiträge von extremeaudio

It seems a little daunting to build my own. I dont know what parameters to use. I dont even have a Linux desktop. I need one right?

Can you please help with the process a little if possible please? Or just maybe point me to a pre compiled build for one of my boxes.

Thanks for the excellent help! Can you or someone else point me to the builds to use with either a S905X or S912 or S905X3 box? I have easy access to all 3, latter 2 preferred.

Also which HDMI grabber? and how to connect to an amlogic box? I guess over USB. Would be silly of me to presume the onboard HDMI on the TV box could act as a capture device, I guess.

Hi, stumbled here in my quest to set up an inexpensive amblight solution but I'm very confused.

Here is my understanding, pls correct if wrong:

I need

1. an addressable LED strip - ws2812b?

2. something to control it - ESP32 running WLED ok?

3. something to capture the HDMI signal - some USB capture device? I can see some posts which refer a HDMI to composite video converter. Is this needed?

4. Most problematic part; Hyperion Server aka Raspberry Pi!! which currently costs a fortune. Or a X86 machine which is like buying a bulldozer when I need a bicycle. I can see references to libreelec/ coreelec etc. Can I use something like an inexpensive amlogic box to run hyperion on instead? I defnitely need the generic HDMI signal to be used as the input and not kodi media etc, so is this possible?

Please help me with this. Thank you.