Beiträge von starkillerOG

I had the exact same problem. I updated my Hyperion and the strange thing was that imediatly after an update it would work, but after a reboot the problem would come back.
    Then I figured out then when the Rasberry Pi was already running killing Hyperion and starting it again after an reboot would fix te problem.
    Then I realised the problem arises probably because hyperion starts to quickly before the Rasberry Pi has astablised its network connection and therfore it fails.
    So I implemented a 30 second delay (sleep 30) in my autostart.sh script on the Pi that starts Hyperion after an reboot.
    This worked and fixed my problems.

So for people that have the same problem, a delay in the \Configfiles\autostart.sh script might solve your problems.

Just in case someone else wants to do this, I got it working and the remote is nice and responsive.
    I can set color (set Hue set Sat and set Lum), turn 5 diffrent groups of lights (5 diffrent Hyperion instances) on/off and change between HDMI grabbing mode and solid color mode on the hardware remote.

I used the esp8266_milight_hub software to get the remote signals, used Mosquitto as the MQTT broker to communicate the messages and used Eventghost with some phython code to translate the messages to Hyperion commands that I sent to the JSON interface to control Hyperion.

More information is in this discussion.

I have been looking to control my hyperion system with a colorwheel remote for a while.
    When I watch movies the system performs outstanding, but I also want to use it as ambiant lighting if my TV is off.

I found that Milight makes nice 2.4GHz color wheel remotes that are sold separately for about $8,- (AliExpress)
    I also found this github project: esp8266_milight_hub, that is able to listen to the remote signals using a cheap NodeMCU + ESP8266 and a NRF24L01+ (together about $4,-) and decode the signals and sent them to HomeAssistant. (some more about the signal structure can be found in this blog).

I think it would be possible to edit the relevant parts of the esp8266_milight_hub project code and use it to receive the signals from the remote and send commands to hyperion to turn on/off, to change color and to change the brightness.

Unfortunately I am completely new to using electronic boards like esp's and NodeMCU's and am not familiar with how to program them.
    Maybe there is someone who would like to give this a go?