Beiträge von Millz1101

Check all your connections. Bad connection can result with flickering.
    Do you have common ground with leds and Pi?

Yep! The ground from the 2 power bricks are all connected. Run to the Pi and the Logic Level Converter

484 LEDs. 2 power sources, each 5 volts. The power supplies are connected at the front of the first LED strip. The 2 strips are connected via the connector piece. Then power is injected on the backside of the second strip from the second brick.

For reference, i follower Chris Mejestic's video on how to set this up. Everything is great aside from the random flash and then the video i posted above. The video I posted is THE WORST experience. I don't even turn the leds anymore at this point. So upsetting

figured it might help to post a video of exactly what's happening. I notice it only happens when a majority of that strip is black. Any ideas on how to stop that flickering? It's as if the data being sent to that second strip is erroring. Likenkt doesn't know how to process an input of "no light"

20230317_002025.mp4
    drive.google.com

One last thing, when i turn the system off, the second strip remains lit as well unless i unplug the strip.

I also understand your question now. I have 2 5V power adapters. One for each strip. I have one 5V and one ground feed point for each strip. Given i dont see voltage drop I figured that was enough

So I set up my Hyperion LEDs on my 110 inch screen. Because it is so large, I had to use 2 strips. I connected the strips via the default tips on the front and back end. For some reason the second strip will sometimes flicker random colors, especially when switching inputs. Also, when no input is coming in at all the first strip turns off while the second strip stays on. I feel like it has something to do with the data line, but I do not know what. I am using these LEDs - . I have also used a logic level converter to stop the entire things from randomly flashing. Thanks for your help!

So I am using HDMI 4 with downscaling turned on

I do have it set to 720P as the resolution on the pi so do I need to set it to 1080P? I assume a Pi 3B+ should be able to handle that right?

So I am using a splitter and it does go to the projector just fine. It happens when my Series X goes to HDR. I also tried running HBO Max and as soon as Black Adam starts it goes blank. The game may be at 4K@60Hz but not the movie.

If Frame rate conversion is not supported this will never work for PS5 or Xbox. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help on this!

Hello All!

I just finished my hyperion setup and everything seemed to be working fine. Then I switched my signal to a HDR signal and suddendly my Raspberry Pi is getting no input to display. The live video feed is blank. When I switch back to regular 4K content the live feed is there and the LEDs display as expected. I am using the Gofanco Prophacy gaming splitter which allows me to enable HDR to SDR. This should solve the issue but it is not. I have tried everything I can think of and in researching I am unable to find anyone else having this issue. I have attached a picture of what it looks like when its pushing a 4K signal vs when it is not. PLEASE HELP!! This is the last piece and my setup will be finished! Thanks!