Beiträge von Kastawaykid

I had my ambient lighting working flawessly for a couple years. I was using a PI 4 with apa102 Leds.

I bought a new TV and switched to 2812B Leds and cannot get it working at all.

My system consits of:

- PI 4

- 284 - 2812B Leds

- USB video card

- 70 amp 5V power supply

I have 5 volts end to end. I have video that I can see through accessing via a browser.

I cannot get the leds to light at all. The positive of the power is attached directly to the leds (with a 1N4004) with the cathode towrds the led strip. The ground from the power is attached to the led strip and the PI ground. I have tried attaching the control signal wire to GPIO18 and GPIO12.... nothing. I have tried selecting ws281x and also ws2812spi... nothing. I really don't understand which to select?

Is it that root access creating the issues? I didn't need this with the apa102 leds. Do I need to reinstall a new version of Hyperbian on the card with root access? Or can I somehow activate root access on the card? Is there an easy way for me to do this?

Any ideas would be appreciated. I've been working on this all day and am frustrated and confused.

Many Thanks for any help you can provide.