Beiträge von amirook

Hi everyone,

I am running Hyperion (current version) on a raspi3 Model B with raspbian 9.
    I am not even using external sources yet.
    Everything worked fine. Setting the colors and effects in HyperCon or iOS App worked perfect.

Then I wanted to deactivate the internal LEDs so I tried the following:

Code
    sudo sh -c 'echo none > /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger'
    sudo sh -c 'echo none > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger'
    sudo sh -c 'echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness'
    sudo sh -c 'echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness'

After first restart my Hyperion is going crazy!

• Starting the deamon shows random colors on each LED on the strip.
    • Setting an explicit color sometimes makes these random colors change to some other random colors.
    • Stopping the deamon won't turn off the LEDs.
    • Syslog is not showing anyting about it
    • Reboot does not help

So is it just coinccidence, that it broke after manipulating /sys/class/leds ? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I followed the tutorial (Raspberry Pi 3 Mediacenter + Hyperion Ambilight + NO soldering) except I haven't glued the LED Strip to the TV yet. Everything was working perfectly, the LED Strip was on my Desktop and I only turned it on occasionally for testing.
    After a few days the LEDs wouldn't turn on again. The Software seems to be OK. The deamon is running and I can't find any error messages in the logs. I also tried to remove Hyperion from my RasPi via HyperCon and reinstalled it.

I assume, that something is wrong with my LED Strip. Shouldn't it light up in white, when I disconnect it from the RasPi and just leave the power source? If not, is there a way of wiring to do that independent from the RasPi?

The other Possibility is that my gpio Pins on the RasPi are somehow broken.

I got these APA 102 LEDs from amazon:

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.