Beiträge von dokwon

I have a similar problem. My additional LEDs are to the left and right of the tv, along the height of the respective walls.
    The flickering intensifies relative to the content on the screen. I don't think it is a technical issue, it just seems hard to get the configuration right.

I can provide logs and video if needed.

So I have tested the new capture card for a couple of hourse now and it seems to have been the problem indeed as pointed out by you pclin and lord-grey.
    I wanted to get back to this topic sooner, but I was a little busier with work than expected.

Thank you for your help!

I just wanted to give a quick update: as mentioned I switched out the power supply, doubling the previous in power (from 100W to 200W). Unfortunately, the problem remains with the same error message.
    It does feel odd that the grabber is working fine for a several minutes at a time before not being found, especially as my setup had been running smoothly for months now. To make sure that its not defective hardware, I ordered a new grabber to test it. I will post another update as soon as I know more.

Haha thanks! I was reluctant to ask again :)

Okay this gives me a good idea where to start looking next. As I most recenlty added two more strips to the left and right of the tv, the grabber might not be getting enough power. When I tested however I only activated the one main strip and had the others offline. Maybe they still draw power though. Currently a 100W psu is attached: ill give it a go with 200W later and see if the error remains.

Hm okay. Do you have any advice for me as to where I have to start looking for further clues?
    In my understanding the grabber is a part of Hyperion, but I might have that wrong.
    Regarding the rest of the setup, I capture inputs with a capture card and then send them to the Pi via USB. The WLED ESPs then get their data via network.

Question aside: Hyperion is awesome, Im enjoying it almost every day. What a cool software, thank you for it!

The LED Output toggle of an LED instance (wled on ESP32) always switches to "off" after a while. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds, other times several minutes.

The last few lines of the log:

Whats confusing about this is, that Wled is running just fine and I can access it via its IP on my network. If I just switch the toggle back to "on" in Hyperion it will keep working for a while.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

I am running Hyperion on a RPi with several ESP32 WLEDs (SK6812) linked to it. One of these LEDs is attached to my computer monitor.

Now I have read about the Hyperion PC Grabber and my understanding was that I can run it on my computer and stream the screen data to my RPi (Hyperion instance) as Flat- or Protobuffers, which would in turn evaluate the data and send the instructions back to my monitor LEDs for display.

So I set up the PC grabber software to send to <raspberry-ip>:19400. However, when looking through the Hyperion UI I didnt find any option to define the buffers as input source because in my understanding this is what I want to achieve. Can anyone help me out here? Is it maybe only possible to get this to work if both the PC Grabber and another instance of Hyperion are running on the same machine, and sending to localhost:19400 or something.
    I would try to avoid the latter, as I already have Hyperion running on the Pi.

Thanks! :)

Hey guys,

unfortunately I am struggling with the API. I have read the json-rpc documentation thoroughly however, I dont seem to get things working the way I hope to.

I have a few smart relays around my apartment. The one in the living room turns on various lights and I would like for it to also turn on the backlight of the TV (Hyperion) with say a warm white to accompany the other lights in the room.

In my understanding this could be something like:

JSON
    {
     "command":"componentstate",
     "componentstate":{
       "component":"LEDDEVICE",
       "state":true
     }
    }

Question

- Do I need to fire a second request like:

JSON
    {
      "command":"color",
      "color":[255,255,200],
      "priority":50
    }

in order to determine the color of the LED or can I combine both in one payload?

Question

- Now, if I turn on my TV, I would like for Hyperion to override the led colors to mirror the media content, completely ignoring whatever signal is sent from the relay, since when I want to watch a movie I'd usually turn off the lights in the room. In this case I would not want the LEDs to turn off ^^

However, from playing around with the API and reading the documentation it seems that manual colors will always have a higher priority than USB input.

How can I create a scenario where the TV will always be given priority, and as soon as it is turned off, the LED behavior is handed back to the state of the relay with a pre-determined color (say warm white for instance).

Any help is much appreciated!

Hey guys,

I am running Hyperion on a Raspberry Pi 3B. The video sources (Playstation, Fire Stick, etc.) are connected to an HDMI Splitter, which in turn is connected to a capture card.

The capture card is then connected to the Pi as well as the HDMI-in of the TV (sound is sent from the TV to my 5.1 receiver).

Playback works fine, Hyperion works really well and Im very happy with the visual result.

Unfortunately, when I watch a movie, there is no way to get Dolby Digital working, even if I pass the signal through. Since my receiver is quite old (around 20 years) it does not have HDMI support. However it takes in an opt cable. Shouldnt it be possible to get this working even with an older receiver?

My suspicion is that either the HDMI splitter, or the capture card, or both need to support passthrough. Am I on to something?

Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction!

Hey guys,

I have been watching several Youtube videos and read a good amount of threads on this, but unfortunately I cant quite find a solution to this particular usecase.

I am planning to run multiple HDMI devices (PS4, Xbox, Pi for Kodi) through an HDMI splitter. What I dont understand though: how would I go about looping the Kodi content from the Pi which is running Hyperion itself, while the other devices are being redirected from HDMI Input? Is there a native solution, or did anyone figure this out? Is it even possible with LibreElec?

Thank you for any help!