Beiträge von Theguysayhi

Does hyperion keep any data between restarts? Like a cache?

I just restarted my computer and it worked like new again. However my screen capture crashed when playing a game, and then when I restarted it, I got a delay again.

I wonder if hyperion is trying to juggle between multiple connections and getting overloaded trying to handle them all at once. Hence the increasing delay.

Edit: Just restarted my computer again and it works perfectly again with no delay! I'm confident there is some kind of bug here.

Short logs of Hyperion working, then working with delay on reconnecting the flatbuffers server:

Here's some screenshots of my setup and logs of when the delays happen. Also note that this delay happens in the romote > colourpicker, so I think it's unlikely to do with the capture method, and something to do with either my setup, or cololight controler compatibility.

I've tested with multiple power sources, from the back of my PC, to a phone usb charger, but found best results with a laptop usb charger. If that's not giving me enough power for a light strip I don't know what will.

Note: I have updated my controller firmware through the cololight app, perhaps that's it? If hyperion hasn't been updated to match it?

It's almost light the cololight controler has a "low power mode" that gets activated until the app turns it back to "high power mode".

More logs of when the delay is present:

Maybe the following debug lines could hint at some kind of error:

2023-05-23T08:06:08.912Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Switching device cololight ON
    2023-05-23T08:06:10.313Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (WARNING) Failed switching device cololight ON
    2023-05-23T08:06:10.313Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (DEBUG) (LedDevice.cpp:186:LedDevice::enable()) Device's enablement failed

Testing with colours/effects in the remote control section of hyperion still lags the lights, so I think it's unlikely that it's my capture system that's causing the delay...

I believe I may have this problem outlined in this thread? Though I don't quite speak German: Hyperion NG + Cololight Strip

Alright I think I'm just about nearly ready to be done with this. I've spend months on this project trying to get this thing to work and it's still a laggy mess. When it works it's absolutely wonderful, but it's just too finicky and I just don't see how it's going to get any better...

I personally think that it's Hyperion not talking to the controller properly, the time's it's worked fine appears to be when I have the cololight app open on my phone. Otherwise hyperion just doesn't seem to work properly.

I love everything that this software stands for, I really do, but it's just a real mystery to get it working properly...

Thanks again for the help and insight LordGrey, much appreciated!

Hmm, I've tried all of these, and even with the Hyperion Screen Cap it seems the load eventually befomes too much. This is with a size decimation of 30, 30 fps, and using the HyperionScreenCap software via the Flatbuffers server. (in the case of using HyperionScreenCap, the performance is significantly worse).
    I will say howerever, that it took a lot longer for delay to appear this time! I note that when using the cololight app, there appears to be no decirnable delay.

Is there any way I can clear the "work" that hyperion has cued up? When such a delay happens I attempt to reset hyperion, but the delay is still there, and doesn't vanish for quite a while.

Sorry for the late reply.

- My monitor is 2560x1440. I have a Ryzen 5700x. AMD 6900xt GPU.
    - I'm running a capture of 60fps (also tested with 30fps), and a decimation of 11-14.
    - My Wifi hits about 100mbs.

As mentioned before in my earlier post, the light strip initially works without delay, but overtime ends up being choppy and delayed, to the point it takes about 2 seconds to regester a change. When I play around with the Remote Control option to change the lights manually they also appear delayed when a delay is present. This also includes animations (such as knight rider) to appear choppy.

I'm a bit confused, testing with these settings there should be no issues I would assume, right?

Please also find my cololight config bellow:

Here are some logs from my console- not sure if they are of any help though:

2023-05-03T06:02:49.400Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Switching device cololight ON
    2023-05-03T06:02:49.488Z [JSONSERVER] (INFO) Started on port 19444
    2023-05-03T06:02:49.492Z [WEBSERVER] (INFO) 'Hyperion http-Webserver' started on port 8090
    2023-05-03T06:02:49.500Z [WEBSERVER] (INFO) 'Hyperion https-Webserver' started on port 8092
    2023-05-03T06:02:50.327Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Device cololight is ON
    2023-05-03T06:02:50.327Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) LedDevice 'cololight' enabled
    2023-05-03T06:02:53.347Z [EFFECTENGINE|Cololight] (INFO) Effect [Rainbow swirl fast] finished
    2023-05-03T06:02:53.348Z [EFFECTENGINE|Razor Mouse] (INFO) Effect [Rainbow swirl fast] finished
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.390Z [DXGRABBER] (ERROR) Unable to get Buffer Surface Data
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.408Z [DXGRABBER] (ERROR) Previous line repeats 1 times
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.408Z [DAEMON] (INFO) Screen lock event received
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.408Z [HYPERION-INSTMGR] (INFO) Put all instances in idle state
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.414Z [DXGRABBER] (ERROR) Unable to get Buffer Surface Data
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.470Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Switching device cololight OFF
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.470Z [LEDDEVICE|Razor Mouse] (INFO) Switching device razer OFF
    2023-05-03T06:09:25.472Z [LEDDEVICE|Razor Mouse] (INFO) Device razer is OFF
    2023-05-03T06:09:26.113Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Device cololight is OFF
    2023-05-03T09:37:59.900Z [DAEMON] (INFO) Screen unlock event received
    2023-05-03T09:37:59.900Z [HYPERION-INSTMGR] (INFO) Put all instances in working state
    2023-05-03T09:38:00.037Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Switching device cololight ON
    2023-05-03T09:38:00.037Z [LEDDEVICE|Razor Mouse] (INFO) Switching device razer ON
    2023-05-03T09:38:00.037Z [LEDDEVICE|Razor Mouse] (INFO) Device razer is ON
    2023-05-03T09:38:00.780Z [LEDDEVICE|Cololight] (INFO) Device cololight is ON

Hi everyone.

I'm currently using Hyperion with a cololight strip (and controller) on my windows computer. And having some issues.
    When I first connect, there is very minimal delay- perfect even. But as time passes there appears to be a heavt 1 second delay, which then esculates to a 2 second delay.

Restarting hyperion and fiddling around with the settings seems to make the delay good again. but after a short while it appears to go bad again. Latchtime, retry interval, connection attempts... they all seem to have no affect.

I was wondering, is there any other settings I can toggle to improve this? The LED video capture preview seems fine and it does work properly intially so I don't think it's to do with my capture method. What should I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

More logs. It appears that the lights can't connect. I'm quite confused as to what to do. I did update the firmware of my Yeelight strip, maybe that caused it to be incompatiable?

I can ping my device from cmd as shown, but hyperion can't connect to it:

Update: Okay I got it connected, what I needed to do was to download the Yeelight apk (https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer) and enable LAN mode for my device.

However, it appears that hyperion can't recognize the mutliple leds on my strip and only controls all at once.

Is there anyway to get hyperion to control them individually?

Attempt with a Yeelight strip. I can see the device in the wizard but does not change colour when I click the identify button. Any ideas on what to do?

I've tried changing hyperion to expert mode and increasing the latch filter to a higher value as per what others have done, but I'm not getting anything. Any help would be much appreciated!

Log:

Code
    2023-04-23T04:24:42.503Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'yeelight' signals error: 'All Yeelights failed to be opened!'2023-04-23T04:25:00.499Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Cannot resolve mDNS hostname for given service [YeelightLightStrip-C849._hap._tcp.local

Update:

Attempt with a Yeelight strip. I can see the device in the wizard but does not change colour when I click the identify button. Any help?

Log:

Code
    2023-04-23T04:24:42.503Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'yeelight' signals error: 'All Yeelights failed to be opened!'2023-04-23T04:25:00.499Z [LEDDEVICE|Yeelight Strip] (ERROR) Cannot resolve mDNS hostname for given service [YeelightLightStrip-C849._hap._tcp.local

Thanks again for the clarification everyone. Ahh fiddlesticks, so I got the only Nanoleaf product that Hyperion can't talk to...

Okay, it sounds like if only supported controllers work, can I please get confirmation if any of these commercial controllers work with hyperion and if so, which ones?

I've looked for a couple in my area and here's what I can get:

Yeelight Controller

Cololight controller

Philips hue controller

If I get any of these, will they be able to easily connect to hyperion on my computer? I'll plan to go out and get one today.

Thank you very much for your replypclin! Hmm I see, it sounds like I need more things then...

Forgive me for my lack of knowlege in this subject. I assume then I need a esp8266, connect it to an LED strip, power supply, flash WLED on it, and somehow control it thorugh hyperion on my windows computer?

I'm thinking of using something like this, would that work? And if so are there any guides on how I can set it up? (I know that flashing it is detailed already in WLED) but I mean in terms of connecting it properly with my light strip.

Furtermore, how can I tell if my light strip is compatible or not? EG LED SK6812 RGBW means nothing to me, but I assume I can find this somewhere on a light strip box?

I'm thinking of using something like this: https://www.jaycar.co.nz/duino…BoCIkdisEJsMaAtwnEALw_wcB
    https://www.jaycar.co.nz/smart…chText=led%20strip%20wifi

PS: I also have a nanoleaf light strip. Would hyperion on windows be able to connect to this light strip without the need for my own controller? Or do I need the WLED controller?

I apologise in advance for all the questions, thank you very much for your help!

Hi everyone,

I've only just found out about hyperion and after seeing several videos about it, have decided to try it out.
    I don't have a rasberry pi, but after looking at the windows software I have found success in using it to capture my monitor to control the lights on my Razer devices.

Next, I'd like to try connecting an LED strip that surrounds my monitor- however I can't for the life of me work out how to connect it.
    First I had a light strip with a cheap bluetooth controller (that appeared to only be controlable through a phone app, but could not work out how to connect it to hyperion.
    Secondly, I bought a proper wifi light strip today (Powertech Smart Wifi-RGBW LED Strip Lighting Kit), which has an IP address which I assume hyperion can connect to, but I can't get hyperion to talk to it for the life of me. It's connected to the same internet connection as my computer of course.

Any tips? I'm super stuck here and don't know what to do. Any help is much appreciated!