Beiträge von Serhii

Thanks for explanation.

I've tried to use 1000000 baud rate and it seems good on both sides - I can send it from Linux and receive on Arduino.

With such speed of USB/Serial transfer it's possible to pass information for ~500 LEDs with 60 FPS.

I don't know yet if there will be problems with setting such amount of LEDs on Arduino side (seems like all works good with 60 LEDs I have here).

As I see common use of ESP32/ESP8266 is done via WLAN protocol, but I'm trying to stick to USB/Serial for now. Maybe I will be forced to switch to network communication if this path with USB/Serial is not possible for my final configuration.

Hello,

I've built prototype ambilight system for Linux Ubuntu based node, X11 grabber for data capturing, Arduino Nano with FastLED and Adalight sketch (using this tutorial https://sudokin.com/diy-arduin…s2812b-full-build-how-to/). And now I see that with 115200 baud of serial connection I have about 62 fps update rate for 60 LEDs. But I want more - 300 LEDs or maybe even more. What hardware/software combination allow to achieve those values?

Probably additional RPi can help here, but use of USB/Serial device for driving LED is so tempting here as I don't want to have all that burden with video signal splitting/capturing. And this ambient light system aimed for video wall configuration (say 5x1 monitors ) which will be not easily handled by RPi anyway.

Can you please guide me to possible solutions suitable for this case (x11 grabbing at input, 300+ LEDS driven at output) ?

Thanks!