Beiträge von Redmumba

I have a QuinLED Dig Uno which has two assignable LED data lines. I'm also running Hyperion *directly* on my LG C8 TV (awesome!!), but I can't use USB to stream serial (which means I can't use HyperSPI, etc.). Instead, I have them connecting to Hyperion over ethernet.

I have just under 300 LEDs (60 m/s SK6812), currently connected as one strand, but I was wondering if: a) splitting them into two segments would yield a noticeable improvement in the refresh rate, and b) Hyperion/WLED could treat this as a single continuous strip? I know I can do this as two separate segments in WLED proper, but would this "just work" in Hyperion, assuming I have the segments setup contiguously in WLED?

I'm experienced with the WLED-based LED world, but not with Hyperion-NG specifically.

I have an LG C8 rooted with PicCap/Hyperion-NG natively running on it, which is great. I'm planning on using some SK6812s that I have left over from another project. I also have extra ESP8266 boards that I can use to drive the LEDs.

However, I'm not sure what the best way to connect the LEDs from the TV (which is also serving as the "grabber") to the controller itself. Since I've never used LEDs interactively, I've always relied on using WLED w/ WiFi. Can I communicate directly from the TV to the board using USB? Should I?