Beiträge von gonxo96

Haven't tried yet, but I think it should work. Even tho ESP32 is connected through usb to the pc, i suspect thats only for power, and that connection to WLED from Hyperion is done though WiFi. What i am not sure about yet is What would happen if hyperion server is connected through ehternet and not wifi, it shouldn't matter right?

How slow of a baudrate? monitor refresh rate is 144hz and and would like it to be maybe not that fast but still decent...

Would it improve if using ethernet? Not sure if its viable in my case since i got wired internet and only 1 ethernet socket.

So if i understood correctly, in order for hyperion to work with the ESP32 controlled ws2812b stripe , i need to install WLED software in the esp32?

Thanks for the help.

Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to working with led stripes at all, but every tutorial i see online uses a raspberry as a controller for the led stripe. Is it possible to control a ws2812b using a more humble controller like a ESP32 or ESP8266, directly connected to a usb port?

I want to create ambient light for the same pc hosting hyperion, so I believe there must be a less overkill way to do it than using a rasperry pi. Is that the case?

Thanks.