Beiträge von TheLys

Is it normal for Hyperion Screen Capture (v2.9) external program to be much more efficient than the internal Hyperion screen capture system (less than 2% vs 4% CPU usage)? Am I missing something in Hyperion settings? I would rather not have to use two programs instead of one, if possible.

I'll resume the situation first to clarify what happens now that I better understand how it works.

Hyperion 2.0.15 on Windows 10 64bits pro 22H2

Adalight type device with a CH340 chip managing 182 leds, connected to USB (COM4)

All internal capturing options are off, HyperionScreenCapture 2.9.0 is used as protocol buffers source

All API authentication options are off (just in case it could help)

1 - At PC start, Hyperion is launched. After less than 10 "access denied" to the adalight hardware, LEDs go on and all works

2 - If I use Hyperion's suspend+resume or restart via the taskbar icon, same as situation 1

3 - Using the "Autostart" option of LED output settings in Hyperion or not using it doesn't change anything. If the "LED output" button in the dashboard is stucked off, because of a bug or not, I only have to click it to make Hyperion work

4 - I tried to delete Hyperion db and reconfigure it from start, but it didn't change anything

5 - Windows enters sleeping mode after the inactivity period set in the system. If I then awake the PC (mouse action, keyboard...), the LEDs stay off. Checking Hyperion settings, I can see that the "LED output" setting is OFF (was ON before sleeping mode) and stays so indefinitely. I have to click it to manually put it ON. Hyperion then behaves like in situation 1, after a few "access denied", the adalight hardware is correctly detected/accessed and LEDs work as intended. If the PC goes in sleeping mode again, the situation repeats itself.

In short, Hyperion works (after a few "access denied" errors) when launched at Windows start or manually, but fails to resume when the PC exits sleeping mode. However I only have to manually activate the LED output option in the settings to make it work again.

Every time I checked the settings page, I saw the COM port and device detected were always the same.

Debug files : file 1 is normal launch before PC sleeping mode, file 2 is back from PC sleeping mode, file 3 is after I manually enable LED output

Thx a lot for answering. Hyperion is in autostart. Joined is the log you asked for, this time it took a few attempts to successfully start, the number of attempts varies a lot from a few seconds to many minutes (and I click manually to not have to wait), but it never started at once till now. I use HyperionScreenCapture external program for performance reasons, but the problem is the same when using Hyperion's capture system.

Hi all. I discovered Hyperion not long ago and really love it. It works very well... once I activate the LED output button manually. I use a "Dreambox" adalight from AliExpress with 182 leds, Hyperion for Windows 10 64bits. At every Hyperion start, I have an "access denied" from the adalight device in the log (that's the only warning I have), but if I manually enable LED output in the web config then all works flawlessly. Hyperion exe is in admin mode but it doesn't change anything.