Beiträge von dinjo

Thanks i just restarted everything and it seems working now any recommended setting i should apply ?

Im running hyperion on ubuntu server 22.04.3

Also not sure whether you can comment can it be used in hype rhdr without rpi?

Got the wled setup but having issues with running with hyperion on dell optiplex with Ubuntu 22.04

<ERROR> Lock/unlock handler- Session bus is not connected

Also is rpi must or hdmi splitter and capture card can make the job done?

1. no you can just use the GPIO18 / PWM0, have to run hyperion under root for that and switch off audio in config.txt
    2. Look for Rullz loop usb device
    3. You need a hdmi splitter for that, if watching drm content like Disney/Amazon/HBO etc , don't forget purchasing a HDCP compliant one
    4. Smart tv's come with build in OS, with Samsung you can't with LG you can in some cases..
    5. See point 3 , yes you need that anyway. Integrated apps you can't capture on Samsung (I have Samsung TV myself so..)
    6. You don't need 4k going into Hyperion, 720p is sufficient. You can achieve with downscaling from 4k to 1080p with a good splitter/downscaler and then capture only 720p out of that signal.

note: for splitting drm content you need at least HDCP2.2 build in the splitter, if it isn't it will go black on you or in Netflix/Disney give you HDCP warning and no playback.

It's to protector to them you can't copy the material online streaming

Goodluck!

I'm running hyperion on my optiplex do I still need rpi? Or hdmi capture card should be enough

I'm planning to setup TV (Sony 55 X90L) backlight incrementally hence want to clarify on some points after watching some videos :-

• Have ordered ESP32 WROOM32 with mini usb to USB cable ,WS2812B(https://roboway.in/shop/ws2812…-5v-addressable-rgb-ip65/) this would be required to control led anything else required ?
    • Does hyperion-ng needs to be running on rpi or can it be run on any device , as i have optiplex x86 device which i can install on ?
    • Can i try whether it works with this set of hardware along with "Android hyperion grabber" on my sony android tv ?
    • Or is capture card and hdmi splitter a must to work with it ? As i want to try without capture card and splitter before i proceed ahead.
    • If i go ahead with capture card and splitter do i need to get high quality switch (http://bluerigger.co.in/product/hdmi-switches/ )as well as capture card or capture card does not any significance ? As i plan to use mostly for HDR and DV content.
    • Lastly will this work with DRM apps as well ?