Beiträge von djkidd

I don't if you're still struggling with this, but I just noticed that you've put the MOSI (Master Out Slave In i.e. Data) to the CK (Clock) connector? If this wasn't a typo, then swapping the cables over will probably solve your problem.

Thanks, but I found that the issue was, I didn't have a ground from my RPi0W. Plus, I ended up swapping to an RPi3 and now it works great. The only thing left to do is calibrate the colors a little bit.

Solved!! I was being a complete idiot and I didn't ground the RPi3. Once I did that, everything works. The only thing I need to worry about for the current set up now is color calibration, possibly moving the lights closer to the edge of the TV, and figuring out why sometimes the corner LEDs are blue. After that, I will play with the USB grabber so I use my chromecast with it.

Don't have a level shift (or know what that is tbh, I'm a newbie).

Tried swapping data and clock lines. CK on the ws2801 LED is connected to CI (pin 23) and SI on the LEDs is connected to DI (pin 19). When I swapped them, I wasn't even getting all of the LEDs lit up.

I originally started the project with an rpi0w, however, last night I replaced my rpi0w with an rpi3 and started from scratch. Installed OSMC (2017-09-01), installed all of the updates I could get through My OSMC. Installed Hyperion fresh again and double checked for updates and the like. I am now using Hypercon 1.03.2, which was released today.

Here's what it looks like when I try to set it to the color red (255,0,0):

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

For the hardware, I am using 87 LEDs total (with no gaps), connected to a 5V, 8A power supply, and corners connected using 4 pin connector cables. All of the lights are being lit up. I am using a terminal block in between all of these connections to avoid soldering. I have plans to use an HDMI splitter + USB grabber later on, once I can get the basic set up working.

I have also attached the hyperion.config.json file as well. Can someone please advice me on what to try next?

Got it. Thanks for the help. I'm going to check some things tonight when I get home from work and I'll post back if it worked or if I am having the same issue. One other thing I was told was to make sure OSMC has gone through all of the updates it needs to after a fresh install. I guess there might be some packets that are needed.

You said similar issues? maybe you did the same things bad (like me, lol), with this I understood the following:

You should use HyperCon.jar to performance the appearance, when you have the config as you want you need to generate the Hyperion Configuration (.json file) and after that you need upload this file to osmc.
    This works for me. I Hope helps you.

Thank JCBarretoB. One thing i noticed that we have different is the luminance gain. Your's is set to 7.0 where as mine is set to 0,75. Looking at the wiki, it seems the "'Luminance gain' (the amount of 'global white'). To reduce the brightness! 0,5 halfs the overall brightness." What that tells me is that the value should be between 0 and 1. Is there something that I am missing in my understanding of this?

Sure!

In the path /etc/hyperion, in this path should be the .json file, sorry i confused the files. Hyperion read the .json file from this path.

Regards

I checked my /etc/hyperion folder and I am updating it as I make changes, but I am still having issues.

Would you mind sharing your final .json file? I believe we have similar set ups and I am curious to see how mine differs from yours

Where are you uploading the file? Can you provide the directory path? Also, what did you mean by you sent the .dat file? I thought it was the .json file that is supposed to be sent?

I'm experiencing a similar, but not exactly same, issue. Thanks.

This is my first time setting up an Ambilight system using a Raspberry Pi Zero W. Thus far, I've tried Hyperion v.1.03.1 on Raspbian Stretch, OSMC, and currently have OpenElec on my microSD card. I haven't been able to get Hyperion to work on any of these 3 OS. I am a bit unsure of my hardware setup as well and I hope someone can tell me if my setup looks correct. I am using the following components:

- WS2801 LEDs (15 x 29 LED configuration https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…ED-Strip/32540860114.html)

- 5V 8A power supply

- 4 pin 5050 RGB light strip connectors (so I wouldn't have to solder each strip)

Here are a couple of pictures of the set up:

In the above pic, the way I have the terminal block set up is:

1) GND from start and end --> Terminal Block --> negative DC power jack plug adapter
    2) 5V from start and end --> Terminal Block --> positive DC power jack plug adapter
    3) Pin 19 (MOSI SPI) --> Terminal Block --> CK from start
    4) Pin 23 (SCLK SPI) --> Terminal Block --> SI from start

Here is the result I am getting when I try to set RED in the colorpicker on Hyperion:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Here are my settings on Hyperion:

I would really appreciate getting this set up. Once this is working correctly, I plan on using an HDMI splitter to HDMI2AV converter to Pi to be able to use my various other devices. Thanks in advance