Beiträge von MikeOO

Need help please.

Short history of my ambilight attempts.

Set up the whole system and got it to work 5 weeks ago. My grabber became "unstable" after 3 weeks, ultimatly dying in week 4. Maybe overheated. Bought another grabber, which had the empia 28xx chipset inside. Not supported, but it worked. The casing couldnt be opened, so i sold it after some days (cause i wanted to attach a heatsink).when i got a new utv007-grabber
    My newst 007-grabber worked out of the box, but only for ONE evening. Now when i screenshot, i get green lines AGAIN (that was the case with my dead first grabber, too).

My question: why did my grabber die again, after one evening?

Not a single idea? What means "Failed with result 'signal'"

My Hyperion Setup stops working, about every 3 days. The leds are still on, but in "background lightning" mode. It seems like the grabbing stopped, but thats just my guess.

Hyperion-app at android still works. The rpi itself works, i can ssh into it.

Only solution so far: wait one night, without powering the rpi.

What i tested already:

killall hyperiond and restart
    resetting usb device (the grabber or the atmo) with a script

EDIT: when i take a screenshot of the grabber i just get a thin green line.

Any Help?

2 (wonderful...) days my setup was working perfect. Thanks Devs!

Now i got a strange problem: the brightness seems to be much to high. That results in only white light, but no more colors.
    When i reduce the luminance in Hypercon to 1 (sat remains 2), the colors are normal again. With 2 / 2, only white light.
    The same goes for the color SSH-wheel in Hypercon: if i reduce the brightness there (while keeping 2/2 in Page 1), there is color again. With the normal setting in the wheel, i get only white light, no more color.
    Of course meanwhile i created a json with lum1/sat2. But that has no effect: i have to manually reduce lum to 1 again in Hypercon manually to get colors,

How to fix this? Already updated Hyperion without success.

Ok, now grabbing works, too. :):). With logilink and the settings above.
    But not automatically.

At the moment only the following way: start Hypercon (Windows), click start Hyperion. I thought it should start automatically when the pi boots?

A little success :) :).
    USB0 works with 38.400. THe problem seems to be that the rpi or atmo or hyperions seems to need a fairly long time to switch between the settings i tested. When i waited 1 Minute right now, it works (i mean send a color!).
    What still doesnt work is grabbing. When i click "take pic frome grabber" always the same pic is displayed.

EDIT:

The Wiki says

Mumbi video grabber
    Dazzle DVR
    Fushicai UTV007

Nonworking grabbers are:
    Logilink

I got the logilink, cause many tutorials said so. It uses the 007-chipset.

The problems / errors described in this and the old thread here are solved - i get no (general) error messages anymore. Reason was the sd-card; i remembered that this one was faulty sometimes. With the new card i get no error messages. I can ssh into the pi, your command # ldd hyperiond ends in directory not found.

But for example i can grab a pic from the grabber, so i think hyperion works?

Main problem is unsolved - how to connect to the Atmolight? I tried Atmo and Adalight, several baud rates. The best success i got was in the SSH-Log:

Code
    ssh in:     Okt 09 22:44:49 raspberrypi hyperiond[10152]: AtmoLight: 4 channels configured. This should always be 5!

=> the only sign (in Hyperion) i ever got that the atmolight is there. Btw lsusb finds the atmo.

EDIT: Thanks for the link !!

Code
    if (ledValues.size() != 5)

The source of the error mentioned :). But how to define 5 LED when Atmo only supports 4 ??

Is there anyone out there who tried to use Hyperion with the "Atmo" LED Type?
    I try to use an Atmolight (see https://ca.rstenpresser.de/index.php/atmo-main.html) as a "LED". In another thread i was told that this should work. Because of the meanwhile misleading title of the old thread i created this new thread.

I dont know how to configure Hyperion to get this to work. The wiki doesnt have infos about his.

Btw, my ssh-log looks like there are additional problems, dont it?

Code
    ssh in:     Okt 09 20:03:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopped Hyperion Systemd service.
    ssh in:     Okt 09 20:03:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    ssh in:     Okt 09 20:03:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start Hyperion Systemd service.
    ssh in:     Okt 09 20:03:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Unit entered failed state.
    ssh in:     Okt 09 20:03:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: hyperion.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Okay, some hours later.
    I installed Hyperion and my windows pc can communicate with the rpi using hypercon.

But - darkness reigns. No lights.

Today i dont have the grabber/converter, i get it tomorow i hope. I thought i could experiment with the atmolight anyway?

My setup atm:
    Rpi USB => Atmolight

Baud: tested 100.000 and some other - no effect
    LED horizontal and l / r: 1 in every zone
    Grabber: internal grabber

i get the following error in SSH log:

ssh out: ERROR: ld.so: object 'bMマ}￷`゙ᆳj,bᅡ ̄?r￷(トC￀D+vラ}ᅡ￁' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Hi,

i want to create a ambilight alternative, but not using an andressable LED strip but a normal one. I dont need 100 seperate LED-Colors, 4 channels would be enough for me (left right up down).
    There are several projects on the market to do this, but only for USB/Windows. I want to use it for HDMI sources, using the usual converter/grabber-combination.

Is there a project like this available? I cant find one.