Beiträge von peter

Code
    hyperion-v4l2 --device /dev/video0 --video-standard PAL --input 0 --width 720 --height 576 --crop-top 2 --crop-bottom 2 --crop-left 2 --crop-right 2 --frame-decimator 1 --size-decimator 1 --red-threshold 0.2 --green-threshold 0.4 --blue-threshold 1.0 --priority 900

(with any frame/size decimation, width/height this works ok)

yes, sure. they are uncommented when testing just with hyperiond. When testing with separate hyperiond a v4l2, I am removing it and parsing all commands to command line for hyperion-v4l2.

absolutelly sure my friend. Options are the same in both cases. Just behaviour is not the same as I described. :( This behaviour is quite interesting for me, too. What I found out is, that when hyperiond use grabber settings, it runs in one CPU core, but when I use separate hyperiond and v4l2 they use 2 cores (in one is hyperiond in second v4l2). But I tried to leave ON just one cpu core and even when they both used the same core, when running separately everything is ok, but when runningg via hyperiond jerky colors again.

here is my config:

Hello, when I run hyperiond with v4l2 grabber setting, it is lagging leds - jerky colors are generated. But when I run hyperiond without v4l2 setting and then I run hyperion-v4l2, then colors are nice. Any idea what is causing it? (and how to solve it?)

Many thanks.

Hello,
    I would like to save string "connected" each time any command comes via json server 19444 in hyperiond.
    This is my code

Code
    std::ofstream file("/home/pi/file");
        std::string my_string = "connected";
        file << my_string;
        file.close();

Where in hyperiond code should I paste it to get this behaviour?
    Many thanks for pointing me right direction.

hello friends, I made small change in hyperion-remote.cpp and so I would like to recompile hyperion-remote.
    Please, Is there any way how to recompile just hyperion-remote? (without need to recompile everything else)

Hi there,
    I have a question about effect python files. How py files are executed? Is there any way, how to make sure, that code in these python files is not able to elevate privileges (becomes sudo, call subprocess as root, etc. with elevated privileges)? I would like to make sure that python scripts in "effects" directory can't harm system.

P.S. I know nobody wants to corrupt system, maybe I am a bit paranoic and I want to prevent this scenario.

thanks redPanther, I tried the same things. Finally, I found out I need to run v4l2, then kill it and then run it again and after that all leds work ok. I must use separate hyperiond and hyperion-v4l2 because when I run grabber within hyperiond then response is horrible (colors are chopped).

Hello,
    please, I am really helpless. I am on Armbian.

I am trying to run hyperion-v4l2 in /etc/rc.local (please it is not important why for now) with these parameters:

Code
    /home/user/hyperion/build/bin/hyperion-v4l2 --device /dev/video0 --video-standard PAL --width 720 --height 576 --crop-top 10 --crop-bottom 10 --crop-left 24 --crop-right 24 --frame-decimator 1 --size-decimator 4 --red-threshold 0.2 --green-threshold 0.4 --blue-threshold 1.0

(before v4l2 I am executing sudo /home/user/hyperion/build/bin/hyperiond /home/user/hyperion.config.json)
    But it does not take crop parameters in effect (important for blackborder detection) of hyperion-v4l2.
    I tried to put the whole command in sh and python script (subprocess) but it is the same, in rc.local crop parameters are omitted, no idea why. BUT when I execute the same SH or Python script when I log in via my user, it works correctly.

What can be wrong? In rc.local and all executed scripts via rc.local it does not take crop parameters in effect. Maybe the line with parameters is very long, but I don't understand it because manually the same scripts work correctly.

UPDATE: After several trial and errors I found out, probably, it is related to THIS sudo /home/user/hyperion/build/bin/hyperiond /home/user/hyperion.config.json. Because when I run this script via rc.local and then manually hyperion-v4l2, then behaviour is the same.

I think have it in both (classic original and fantastic new ng) would be great. But I don't want to bother you, so if you just tell me which file to edit in original version, I do it in my downloaded original version by myself.
    thanks many times again