Beiträge von tgbporter

Hello again all,

I just wanted to update you all regarding the aforementioned RGBW controller board.

I have now listed these on eBay and am looking for opinions more than anything, as I am sure that you guys are more than capable of producing something similar.

Do you think this is a good price for this item?

any tips on my listing?

I am trying to find a better way to ship internationally at a decent cost but it is expensive!

Let me know.

Thanks guys.

link here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WiFi…ng-Arduino-/142175319447?

yes, remount is just for OE/LE/RP
    also the location is not /flash/config.txt as you already noticed.

We get hopefully soon a sketch/hardware thread around ardunio with limitations/hints and so on.
    To gather all available informations and feedback to this problems. Cause people struggle at this point very often

I am pretty sure it is correct.
    The lag is minimal and only noticeable when switching between frames very fast with an RGB test video.
    And again only noticeable in comparison with the first ws2801 strip around the TV.
    In general use, when watching regular movies it looks great.
    When i get the other side of the room finished i will share a video.
    I look forward to seeing this arduino thread...

Just a quick update while I work on this:

I used the arduino method with a second hyperion daemon over USB to get the second LED strip working.

One issue that caused me to scratch my head for a while: Chinese clone Arduinos with CH340G Usb to Serial converters will not work.
    You need to use a genuine arduino or at the very least one with a better serial interface.

I want to experiment more with the ESP8266 later today, and add some more lights to my setup.

Another thing I did find, inside this guide:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

In step 4, There is a line that says "Mount boot partition read/write"

The

Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

command did not work for me, so instead what I did was:

Edit /boot/config.txt and added the line about UART speed.

Not sure if correct, but the proof is in the pudding. The second strip works.

It lags the slightest amount behind the other one though.
    This I think must be a consequence of going from Pi to Arduino to WS2801 rather than going straight from Pi to WS2801 (which has no lag or at least imperceptible)

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I will perhaps make a new discussion regarding the ESP8266

Ok great, thanks, I will try this out.

Having issues with logging library for some reason.

EDIT: Great! It compiled! I will next be by my hardware tomorrow and am very looking forward to trying this.

One of these days you will have to show me that tutorial, and how you made this portable IDE.

So in order to execute this, I copy the .h and .cpp files to my Arduino Libraries folder, add a file called config.static.h with config details, and compile and upload the .ino file?

seem about right to you guys?

OK thanks, I just wish sellers of these strips would list the Byte order!

I have ordered more strips for the other side of the room, so I might end up swapping one of the strips out.

I will experiment with the Arduino methods above this weekend and keep this post updated with my progress.

I have extended my Hyperion system to a book shelf next to my TV, video below. (All WS2801 LED strips)

https://drive.google.com/open?…hmhZ-DmLv9cXB0dHQtTnE3Y2M

The issue I am having is that the new LED Strip has a colourOrder of "RBG" and the old one is "RGB". So when these are linked together, the blue and green will never be the same.

I have been trawling the forums and wikis for a long old time, I am more of a hardware hacker but am familiar with coding the hyperion config json files as I have written new arrays for the new LEDs.

is there any way that I can apply "RBG" only to LEDs over 105? and keep "RGB" to all numbers under 105?

otherwise I have to get another strip and go through installation all over again. costly pain!

Another alternative that I have thought about (but don't now exactly how to execute) is to create arduino adalight system and another hyperion server out of the USB port? will this work?

Any help appreciated.